Browns trade Duke Johnson to Texans for 2020 pick
The Houston Texans acquired running back Duke Johnson from the Cleveland Browns in exchange for a conditional 2020 fourth-round pick.
The pick can become a third-rounder. It looked as if the Browns would hold onto Johnson at least during Kareem Hunt's suspension, but the back wound up getting the trade he had sought after all offseason. Houston is an ideal landing spot for Johnson, as he should see plenty of passing-game work and may cut into Lamar Miller's workload. Johnson averaged 5.0 yards per carry and 9.1 yards per catch last season, but only saw 5.4 touches per game. He turns 26 in September.
Johnson gained 201 scoreless rush yards on 40 carries and caught 47 passes for 429 yards and 3 touchdowns on 62 targets for the Browns in 2018.
- Dolphins' Albert Wilson (calf) doubtful for Week 3 September 19th, 2019
- Jimmy Graham (groin) sitting for Packers again Thursday September 19th, 2019
- DeSean Jackson (groin) likely on Eagles' sidelines next two games September 19th, 2019
- Alshon Jeffery expected to be out for Eagles until at least Week 5 September 19th, 2019
- Broncos' Courtland Sutton (ribs) misses Thursday practice September 19th, 2019
- Josh Rosen reportedly taking over for Dolphins Week 3 versus Cowboys, Ryan Fitzpatrick to bench September 19th, 2019
- DeAndre Hopkins held to 5 catches, 40 yards for Houston September 16th, 2019
- Deshaun Watson throws for 159 yards in Sunday's Victory over Jacksonville September 15th, 2019
- Keke Coutee (ankle) returns to Texans practice September 12th, 2019
- Carlos Hyde impresses with 85 yards in Texans debut September 10th, 2019
- DeAndre Hopkins has 111 yards, 2 touchdowns for Houston September 10th, 2019
- Duke Johnson totals 90 yards on 13 touches in Texans debut September 10th, 2019