Dontrell Hilliard expected to 'fill' Duke Johnson's role for Cleveland
ClevelandBrowns.com's Anthony Poisal believes Cleveland Browns running back Dontrell Hilliard will "fill the void Duke Johnson leaves as a pass-catching running back used mostly on third-down plays."
With Johnson traded to the Texans last week, the Browns needed for Hilliard to step up and he looked the part in the preseason opener. If he can secure the number two role behind Nick Chubb in addition to some passing down work, Hilliard could see substantial work until Kareem Hunt is back in Week 10.
numberFire's models project Hilliard for 143.5 rushing yards, 157.8 receiving yards, and 1.6 touchdowns on 55.1 touches in 2019.
- Josh Rosen reportedly taking over for Dolphins Week 3 versus Cowboys, Ryan Fitzpatrick to bench September 19th, 2019
- Damien Williams (knee) still sidelined for Chiefs September 19th, 2019
- Giant's Sterling Shepard expected to clear protocol Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (groin) also dealing with illness, in addition to injury September 19th, 2019
- Jalen Ramsey playing for Jaguars Thursday night September 19th, 2019
- Bills' Devin Singletary (hammy) not practicing Thursday September 19th, 2019
- Browns' David Njoku out with a broken wrist September 18th, 2019
- Browns 'would love' Nick Chubb to get more work September 18th, 2019
- David Njoku (concussion) not practicing for Browns Wednesday September 18th, 2019
- Baker Mayfield taking 'too many hits' in Browns offense September 18th, 2019
- Jarvis Landry does little in Cleveland victory September 17th, 2019
- Baker Mayfield bounces back for Browns in win September 17th, 2019