Case Keenum reportedly the 'front-runner' to start for Washington
Washington Redskins quarterback Case Keenum is the "front-runner" to be the team's starting quarterback to begin the 2019 season, per Rick Snider of the Washington Post.
No real surprise here as Keenum's most significant competition will come from rookie Dwayne Haskins with Colt McCoy serving as the third-string option. If Haskins has a strong run the rest of the preseason, or Keenum starts the season off poorly, the veteran could be replaced early in the regular season.
numberFire's models project Keenum as the QB31 in fantasy with 1,741.9 passing yards, 10.9 touchdowns, and 7.7 interceptions on 270.6 passing attempts this season.
- Patriots release wide receiver Dontrelle Inman August 18th, 2019
- Marcus Mariota not locked in as Titans' starter August 18th, 2019
- Chargers' Derwin James (foot) reportedly expected to miss 3 months August 18th, 2019
- Raiders' Antonio Brown participates in Saturday's walkthrough August 17th, 2019
- Chargers' Derwin James suffers a right foot fracture August 16th, 2019
- Patriots' Josh Gordon reinstated by the NFL, eligble to play Week 1 August 16th, 2019
- Washington's Case Keenum reportedly on track to start in Week 1 of the regular season August 18th, 2019
- Case Keenum reportedly the 'front-runner' to start for Washington August 13th, 2019
- Washington's Derrius Guice reportedly still not cleared to play in games August 13th, 2019
- Washington's Terry McLaurin 'showered with praise' in camp August 7th, 2019
- Washington's Jordan Reed feeling 'stronger' and 'more explosive' July 31st, 2019
- Trey Quinn has Washington slot job 'locked down' July 28th, 2019