Case Keenum named Washington's Week 1 starter over Dwayne Haskins
Washington Redskins quarterback Case Keenum has been named the starter for Week 1 versus the Philadelphia Eagles, per head coach Jay Gruden.
Keenum beat out rookie Dwayne Haskins to open the year, but he'll likely cede the starting job at some point this season. The journeyman quarterback went 16-of-30 (53.3 percent) for 213 yards (7.1 yards per attempt) with 1 touchdown and no interceptions in three preseason contests.
Keenum completed 365-of-586 passes (62.3 percent) for 3,890 yards (6.6 YPA) with 18 touchdowns and 15 interceptions for the Denver Broncos last season.
- Steelers reportedly acquire Minkah Fitzpatrick in trade with Miami September 16th, 2019
- Jets' Trevor Siemian (ankle) exits in the second quarter, Luke Falk in at quarterback September 16th, 2019
- Browns' David Njoku (concussion) will not return in Week 2's game against the Jets September 16th, 2019
- Jets' Demaryius Thomas (hamstring) available for Monday's game against Cleveland September 16th, 2019
- Jets' Le'Veon Bell (shoulder) active for Week 2's matchup against Cleveland September 16th, 2019
- Cleveland's Rashard Higgins (knee) ruled out for Week 2's matchup against the Jets September 16th, 2019
- Redskins place Derrius Guice (knee) on the Injured Reserve September 13th, 2019
- Washington's Jordan Reed (concussion) will not play in Week 2's matchup against Dallas September 13th, 2019
- Jordan Reed may play for Washington Week 2 September 12th, 2019
- Derrius Guice reportedly undergoes knee surgery, out indefinitely for Washington September 12th, 2019
- Adrian Peterson named Washington's Week 2 starter September 11th, 2019
- Washington's Jordan Reed remains in concussion protocol September 11th, 2019