Chargers claim Zach Mettenberger off waivers
San Diego Chargers quarterback Zach Mettenberger was claimed off waivers from the Tennessee Titans.
"Mett Show" will be reuniting with Chargers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, who was the Titans' coach the first season and a half of Mettenberger's career. Aside from Whisenhunt, the Chargers are a sensible destination, as they lack anything resembling depth behind aging (but durable) starter Philip Rivers. Mettenberger should have a good shot at cracking the 53-man roster, likely as Rivers' backup. Kellen Clemens will be his primary competition.
Among the 46 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs in 2015, Mettenberger's -0.24 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back ranked 45th.
- Texans reportedly release tight end Ryan Griffin on Friday May 17th, 2019
- Cardinals' Patrick Peterson reportedly suspended 6 games for PEDs May 16th, 2019
- Patriots sign wide receiver Dontrelle Inman to a one-year deal on Friday May 10th, 2019
- Doug Baldwin released by Seattle with "failed physical" designation May 9th, 2019
- Ben Watson signs one-year deal with New England May 9th, 2019
- Report: Buccaneers' Jason Pierre-Paul may miss 2019 with neck fracture May 7th, 2019
- Denver Broncos acquire three draft picks from the Pittsburgh Steelers in exchange for the 2019 tenth overall selection April 25th, 2019
- Steelers trade for the tenth overall pick, select linebacker Devin Bush April 25th, 2019
- Steelers sign Donte Moncrief to 2-year contract March 14th, 2019
- Raiders acquire Antonio Brown from Pittsburgh for 3rd and 5th-rounders March 10th, 2019
- Report: Antonio Brown refuses to go to Buffalo in Steelers trade March 8th, 2019
- Steelers reportedly setting Friday deadline for Antonio Brown offers March 7th, 2019