Chargers claim Zach Mettenberger off waivers
San Diego Chargers quarterback Zach Mettenberger was claimed off waivers from the Tennessee Titans.
"Mett Show" will be reuniting with Chargers offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt, who was the Titans' coach the first season and a half of Mettenberger's career. Aside from Whisenhunt, the Chargers are a sensible destination, as they lack anything resembling depth behind aging (but durable) starter Philip Rivers. Mettenberger should have a good shot at cracking the 53-man roster, likely as Rivers' backup. Kellen Clemens will be his primary competition.
Among the 46 quarterbacks with at least 100 drop backs in 2015, Mettenberger's -0.24 Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per drop back ranked 45th.
- Spencer Ware (hamstring) not on Chiefs' injury report for Championship Round January 18th, 2019
- Spencer Ware (hamstring) practicing in full for Chiefs January 18th, 2019
- Texans' J.J. Watt reportedly recovering from cleanup knee procedure January 17th, 2019
- Leonard Fournette 'in a really good place' with Jaguars January 17th, 2019
- Kansas City's Eric Berry (heel) fully participates in Wednesday's practice January 16th, 2019
- Chiefs' Spencer Ware (hamstring) limited in Wednesday's practice January 16th, 2019
- Antonio Brown ignoring Steelers, owner open to trade January 11th, 2019
- Ben Roethlisberger and Steelers likely to extend and restructure contract January 5th, 2019
- Pittsburgh's Antonio Brown (knee) ruled out for Week 17 December 30th, 2018
- Steelers' James Conner (ankle) will reportedly play in Week 17 December 30th, 2018
- James Conner (ankle) expected to play for Pittsburgh in Week 17 December 30th, 2018
- John Brown (hamstring) expected to play for Ravens in Week 17 December 30th, 2018