Laquon Treadwell working exclusively as Vikings' third receiver
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Laquon Treadwell ran "exclusively" as the team's third receiver during the offseason program, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune's Matt Vensel reports.
Treadwell is not likely to unseat Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen atop the depth chart as long as both are healthy, but it is promising he is clearly ahead of Michael Floyd and Jarius Wright after a disastrous rookie season. With the Vikings often featuring the running backs and tight ends above it, the third receiver job does not carry much fantasy value. This role will, however, put Treadwell in position for a big target share if Diggs again has injury issues.
Our models project Treadwell for 245 receiving yards and 1.66 touchdowns on 18 catches.
- Cowboys' second-year tight end Blake Jarwin was starter in spring June 20th, 2018
- Allen Hurns working as Cowboys' 'clear-cut' number-one June 20th, 2018
- D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) unlikely to be ready for Texans' training camp June 18th, 2018
- Eric Ebron standing out for Colts during offseason work June 18th, 2018
- D.J. Moore 'has looked the part' for Panthers June 18th, 2018
- Mike McCarthy: Packers using committee approach in backfield June 18th, 2018
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (knee) ahead of schedule heading into OTAs May 21st, 2018
- Kendall Wright signs on with Vikings for a year March 31st, 2018
- Vikings re-sign Kai Forbath to one-year deal March 20th, 2018
- Vikings ink Sheldon Richardson to one-year deal March 16th, 2018
- Rapoport: Vikings acquire Trevor Siemian from Broncos to be Kirk Cousins' backup March 14th, 2018
- Kirk Cousins will reportedly sign three-year deal with the Vikings March 13th, 2018