Laquon Treadwell working exclusively as Vikings' third receiver
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Laquon Treadwell ran "exclusively" as the team's third receiver during the offseason program, the Minneapolis Star-Tribune's Matt Vensel reports.
Treadwell is not likely to unseat Stefon Diggs and Adam Thielen atop the depth chart as long as both are healthy, but it is promising he is clearly ahead of Michael Floyd and Jarius Wright after a disastrous rookie season. With the Vikings often featuring the running backs and tight ends above it, the third receiver job does not carry much fantasy value. This role will, however, put Treadwell in position for a big target share if Diggs again has injury issues.
Our models project Treadwell for 245 receiving yards and 1.66 touchdowns on 18 catches.
- Eagles' Wendell Smallwood (hamstring) will not play Thursday August 17th, 2017
- Dez Bryant to make preseason debut for Cowboys on Saturday August 17th, 2017
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster dealing with bone bruise August 17th, 2017
- Bills rule Jordan Matthews (chest) inactive for Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Jay Ajayi (concussion) will start for Miami on Thursday night August 17th, 2017
- Kenny Golladay not a first-team lock for Lions August 17th, 2017
- Laquon Treadwell (thigh) returns to Vikings' practice August 13th, 2017
- Dalvin Cook dominates workload in Vikings' preseason opener August 11th, 2017
- Laquon Treadwell will not appear in Vikings' preseason opener August 10th, 2017
- Latavius Murray (ankle) activated from Vikings' PUP August 7th, 2017
- Dalvin Cook impressing Vikings with ability to protect passer August 4th, 2017
- Vikings' Latavius Murray (ankle) still without timetable for return July 31st, 2017