Raiders ink Donald Penn to two-year extension
The Oakland Raiders signed left tackle Donald Penn to a two-year extension worth up to $21 million, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Rapoport reports that the deal carries guarantees into 2018 with a chance of getting guaranteed money in 2019 if he plays well this season. That means that Penn would average $10 million over the final two years of the deal. The 34-year-old held out earlier in the offseason due to his expiring contract, but he's now locked in as Derek Carr's blindside protector.
As a team, the Raiders allowed Carr to be sacked on 2 occasions last week. But, in 2016, they ranked 1st in the league in both sacks allowed (18) and sack percentage (2.9%). Penn rated out as the number seven left tackle last season, according to Pro Football Focus.
- Colts' Jacoby Brissett projected for 225.1 passing yards in Week 3 September 20th, 2019
- Vikings' Kirk Cousins ranked as Week 3's QB12 September 20th, 2019
- Bengals' Joe Mixon projected for 17.4 touches in Week 3 September 20th, 2019
- Vikings' Stefon Diggs projected for 8.7 targets in Week 3 September 20th, 2019
- Cardinals' Christian Kirk ranked as Week 3's WR14 September 20th, 2019
- Rams' Robert Woods projected for 5 receptions in Week 3 September 20th, 2019
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (groin) also dealing with illness, in addition to injury September 19th, 2019
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs limited on Wednesday with a hip injury September 18th, 2019
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs dealing with groin injury September 16th, 2019
- Darren Waller follows up with 6 catches, 63 yards for Oakland September 16th, 2019
- Darren Waller has 7 catches for 70 yards in Raiders' victory September 10th, 2019
- Tyrell Williams takes in 7 catches for 105 yards, touchdown in Raiders debut September 10th, 2019