Chiefs will let Derrick Johnson become free agent
The Kansas City Chiefs will not re-sign inside linebacker Derrick Johnson when the new league year begins.
Johnson's contract will void at the beginning of the new year, which means he'll become a free agent at the age of 35. He has played all 13 of his seasons in Kansas City and started 15-of-16 games in 2017. He'll be looking for a part-time role elsewhere this offseason.
In 15 games, Johnson produced 48 tackles, 7 passes defensed and 1 forced fumble this season.
- Keenan Allen (finger, hip) removed from Chargers' injury report November 16th, 2018
- Broncos' Phillip Lindsay likely to see reduced touches in Week 11 November 16th, 2018
- Chargers' Antonio Gates (knee) will be a game-time decision in Week 11 November 16th, 2018
- Jimmy Graham (thumb) expected to miss over a month for Green Bay November 16th, 2018
- Tajae Sharpe (ankle) questionable for Tennessee in Week 11 November 16th, 2018
- Taywan Taylor (foot) questionable in Week 11 for Tennessee Titans November 16th, 2018
- Jordy Nelson (knee) out for Oakland in Week 11 November 16th, 2018
- Gruden: Jordy Nelson (knee) questionable for Raiders Week 11 November 14th, 2018
- Doug Martin (hip) limited in Raiders' practice on Wednesday November 7th, 2018
- Jared Cook unable to do much for Raiders in loss November 2nd, 2018
- Derek Carr, Raiders fall flat on Thursday night November 2nd, 2018
- Raiders' Jared Cook projected for 7.01 targets on Thursday October 30th, 2018