Chiefs will let Derrick Johnson become free agent
The Kansas City Chiefs will not re-sign inside linebacker Derrick Johnson when the new league year begins.
Johnson's contract will void at the beginning of the new year, which means he'll become a free agent at the age of 35. He has played all 13 of his seasons in Kansas City and started 15-of-16 games in 2017. He'll be looking for a part-time role elsewhere this offseason.
In 15 games, Johnson produced 48 tackles, 7 passes defensed and 1 forced fumble this season.
- Jaguars expected to tag Allen Robinson for 2018 February 19th, 2018
- Austin Seferian-Jenkins turned down Jets' two-year, $8 million offer February 19th, 2018
- Jets view Bilal Powell as 'complementary back' February 19th, 2018
- Texans will release Brian Cushing February 19th, 2018
- Report: Case Keenum 'seems to be the favorite' to return as Vikings' starting quarterback February 19th, 2018
- Vikings will reportedly 'consider' A.J. McCarron in free agency February 19th, 2018
- Chiefs will let Derrick Johnson become free agent February 13th, 2018
- Derrick Johnson expected to be released by Kansas City February 9th, 2018
- Chiefs expected to release Tamba Hali February 9th, 2018
- Redskins trade Kendall Fuller and a third-round pick to Chiefs for Alex Smith January 30th, 2018
- Kansas City agrees in principle to trade Alex Smith to Washington January 30th, 2018
- Chiefs' Alex Smith would like to stay in Kansas City for 2018 January 30th, 2018