Chiefs will let Derrick Johnson become free agent
The Kansas City Chiefs will not re-sign inside linebacker Derrick Johnson when the new league year begins.
Johnson's contract will void at the beginning of the new year, which means he'll become a free agent at the age of 35. He has played all 13 of his seasons in Kansas City and started 15-of-16 games in 2017. He'll be looking for a part-time role elsewhere this offseason.
In 15 games, Johnson produced 48 tackles, 7 passes defensed and 1 forced fumble this season.
- Bears to release kicker Cody Parkey at start of league year February 22nd, 2019
- Rapoport: Bears expected to release Dion Sims February 20th, 2019
- Antonio Brown will only be traded if Steelers benefit February 20th, 2019
- Steelers say Le'Veon Bell will not be tagged February 20th, 2019
- Andre Ellington signs with Buccaneers February 19th, 2019
- DeMarcus Lawrence refusing to sign franchise tender with Cowboys again February 19th, 2019
- Raiders coach Jon Gruden unsure of Marshawn Lynch's 2019 status January 23rd, 2019
- Jared Cook quiet again for Raiders in win December 25th, 2018
- Jordy Nelson nabs 7 receptions for 75 yards in Raiders' win December 25th, 2018
- Doug Martin tops century mark, scores in Raiders' win December 25th, 2018
- Derek Carr dispensable in Raiders' victory December 25th, 2018
- Nathan Peterman signs with the Raiders, per report December 19th, 2018