Drew Brees reportedly re-signs with Saints for two years, $50 million
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees has re-signed with the Saints for two years and $50 million according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
The deal has $27 million in guaranteed money, so it's finally official that Brees is returning to the Saints. Saints fans were nervous that it took this long to get the deal done, but the two sides reportedly made some significant progress on Monday. Brees will be in a Saints uniform in 2018, and most likely 2019 as well.
In 2017, Brees finished third among quarterbacks with 136.03 Net Expected Points. He attempted more than 100 fewer passes than he did in 2016, but still accounted for 4,334 yards and 23 touchdowns through the air.
- Chad Williams could start for Cardinals in 2018 June 22nd, 2018
- Rob Kelley on Washington roster bubble June 22nd, 2018
- Buccaneers' Ryan Griffin has 'major opportunity' to start Week 1 June 22nd, 2018
- Browns intend to ride 'hot hand' at running back June 22nd, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant reportedly hasn't been informed of suspension June 22nd, 2018
- Schefter: Buccaneers' Jameis Winston to be suspended 3 games for Uber incident June 21st, 2018
- Saints reportedly sign Terrance West to help fill void June 13th, 2018
- Free agent Tim Hightower is participating in Saints minicamp June 12th, 2018
- Free agent Terrance West visiting the Saints Wednesday June 12th, 2018
- Free agent Jamaal Charles visiting with the New Orleans Saints on Wednesday June 12th, 2018
- Mark Ingram not expected to join Saints until veteran minicamp May 10th, 2018
- Mark Ingram's appeal of 4-game PED ban previously denied by NFL May 9th, 2018