Drew Brees reportedly re-signs with Saints for two years, $50 million
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees has re-signed with the Saints for two years and $50 million according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
The deal has $27 million in guaranteed money, so it's finally official that Brees is returning to the Saints. Saints fans were nervous that it took this long to get the deal done, but the two sides reportedly made some significant progress on Monday. Brees will be in a Saints uniform in 2018, and most likely 2019 as well.
In 2017, Brees finished third among quarterbacks with 136.03 Net Expected Points. He attempted more than 100 fewer passes than he did in 2016, but still accounted for 4,334 yards and 23 touchdowns through the air.
- Vikings ink Sheldon Richardson to one-year deal March 16th, 2018
- Packers sign cornerback Kyle Fuller to offer sheet March 16th, 2018
- Bengals' Vontaze Burfict facing a four-game suspension for PEDs March 16th, 2018
- Greg Olsen still 'committed' to playing for Panthers in 2018 March 16th, 2018
- Panthers' Greg Olsen could retire, join Monday Night Football crew March 16th, 2018
- Seahawks sign tight end Ed Dickson to three-year deal March 16th, 2018
- Saints re-sign Alex Okafor on $10 million deal March 16th, 2018
- Patrick Robinson reportedly returning to Saints with 4-year, $20 million deal March 14th, 2018
- Drew Brees reportedly re-signs with Saints for two years, $50 million March 13th, 2018
- Saints, Drew Brees to discuss 'short-term deal' February 22nd, 2018
- Saints' Alvin Kamara named Offensive Rookie of the Year February 3rd, 2018
- Saints' Drew Brees has no plans to test free agent market January 16th, 2018