Drew Brees reportedly re-signs with Saints for two years, $50 million
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees has re-signed with the Saints for two years and $50 million according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
The deal has $27 million in guaranteed money, so it's finally official that Brees is returning to the Saints. Saints fans were nervous that it took this long to get the deal done, but the two sides reportedly made some significant progress on Monday. Brees will be in a Saints uniform in 2018, and most likely 2019 as well.
In 2017, Brees finished third among quarterbacks with 136.03 Net Expected Points. He attempted more than 100 fewer passes than he did in 2016, but still accounted for 4,334 yards and 23 touchdowns through the air.
- Patrick Mahomes posts lowest passing yardage total of season as Chiefs lose late lead December 14th, 2018
- Justin Jackson totals 85 yards, 1 touchdown in Chargers' comeback victory December 13th, 2018
- Mike Williams seals Chargers' comeback victory with late TD and 2-point conversion December 13th, 2018
- Philip Rivers leads Chargers to comeback victory with 313 passing yards December 13th, 2018
- Damien Williams scores twice in debut as Chiefs' starter December 13th, 2018
- Tyreek Hill (heel, wrist) officially active for Chiefs on Thursday December 13th, 2018
- Saints reportedly release Brandon Marshall December 12th, 2018
- Saints' Ted Ginn Jr. (knee) is candidate for return from IR December 10th, 2018
- Drew Brees quiet again as Saints sink Buccaneers December 10th, 2018
- Michael Thomas catches 11 passes for 98 yards in Saints' win on Sunday December 10th, 2018
- Saints' Drew Brees projected to be Week 14's top fantasy passer December 8th, 2018
- Michael Thomas (ankle) practices on Thursday for New Orleans December 6th, 2018