Bills giving Josh Allen first-team reps this week
Buffalo Bills rookie quarterback Josh Allen will get some first-team reps during this week's minicamp, head coach Sean McDermott said.
This year's seventh overall pick has been working behind A.J. McCarron and Nathan Peterman to this point. Allen will still mostly work with the third-team, according to McDermott, but this is progress for the young'un. It would be a surprise if Allen is not allowed to seriously compete for the starting quarterback job in training camp.
Our models project Allen as the 32nd-best quarterback for fantasy football this year, with 2,063 passing yards, 11.3 touchdowns, and 9.2 interceptions on 305 pass attempts. We project McCarron for nearly identical production, as the 33rd-highest quarterback projection, at this point in the offseason.
- Texans reportedly release tight end Ryan Griffin on Friday May 17th, 2019
- Cardinals' Patrick Peterson reportedly suspended 6 games for PEDs May 16th, 2019
- Patriots sign wide receiver Dontrelle Inman to a one-year deal on Friday May 10th, 2019
- Doug Baldwin released by Seattle with "failed physical" designation May 9th, 2019
- Ben Watson signs one-year deal with New England May 9th, 2019
- Report: Buccaneers' Jason Pierre-Paul may miss 2019 with neck fracture May 7th, 2019
- Buffalo Bills take defensive tackle Ed Oliver with the ninth overall pick April 25th, 2019
- Bills reportedly releasing Chris Ivory March 26th, 2019
- Cole Beasley reportedly going to Buffalo on 4-year, $29 million deal March 12th, 2019
- John Brown reportedly expected to sign 3-year deal with Bills March 12th, 2019
- Tyler Kroft to sign a three-year deal with Buffalo March 11th, 2019
- Frank Gore signs one-year contract with Buffalo on Monday March 11th, 2019