Bills giving Josh Allen first-team reps this week
Buffalo Bills rookie quarterback Josh Allen will get some first-team reps during this week's minicamp, head coach Sean McDermott said.
This year's seventh overall pick has been working behind A.J. McCarron and Nathan Peterman to this point. Allen will still mostly work with the third-team, according to McDermott, but this is progress for the young'un. It would be a surprise if Allen is not allowed to seriously compete for the starting quarterback job in training camp.
Our models project Allen as the 32nd-best quarterback for fantasy football this year, with 2,063 passing yards, 11.3 touchdowns, and 9.2 interceptions on 305 pass attempts. We project McCarron for nearly identical production, as the 33rd-highest quarterback projection, at this point in the offseason.
- Carlos Hyde impresses in Browns' second preseason game August 17th, 2018
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes completes 8-of-12 passes, tosses 69-yard touchdown on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Chargers' Melvin Gordon looking to take his game to the next level in 2018 August 17th, 2018
- Giants' Eli Manning not expected to play on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Julio Jones expected to sit out Falcons' preseason game on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Panthers' Cam Newton could see extended run in Friday's preseason game August 17th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron will start in Friday's preseason game for Buffalo August 17th, 2018
- Josh Allen expected to work with Bills' second-team Friday August 16th, 2018
- LeSean McCoy's ex-girlfriend has filed a personal injury lawsuit against him August 13th, 2018
- Nathan Peterman finishes 9-for-10 with 119 yards and a score on Thursday August 9th, 2018
- Bills taking it slow with Josh Allen August 7th, 2018
- Bills reportedly acquire Corey Coleman from Browns for 2020 7th-round pick August 6th, 2018