Raiders waive quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday
The Oakland Raiders have waived quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday.
Hackenberg was acquired earlier this offseason from the New York Jets for a conditional seventh-round pick but after struggling in OTAs he has been released. The Raiders will get to keep their pick after the move. Hackenberg will go down as one of the most disappointing picks in recent years after being drafted by New York with the 51st overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.
Hackenberg has not thrown an NFL pass during the regular season and completed just 59 of 121 passes (48.8%) he attempted during 6 preseason games the last two seasons.
- Texans reportedly release tight end Ryan Griffin on Friday May 17th, 2019
- Cardinals' Patrick Peterson reportedly suspended 6 games for PEDs May 16th, 2019
- Patriots sign wide receiver Dontrelle Inman to a one-year deal on Friday May 10th, 2019
- Doug Baldwin released by Seattle with "failed physical" designation May 9th, 2019
- Ben Watson signs one-year deal with New England May 9th, 2019
- Report: Buccaneers' Jason Pierre-Paul may miss 2019 with neck fracture May 7th, 2019
- Bears trade Jordan Howard to Eagles for 2020 Draft pick March 28th, 2019
- Richard Rodgers re-signs with Philadelphia March 28th, 2019
- Jeremy Maclin hangs them up March 25th, 2019
- Haloti Ngata announces retirement after 13 seasons March 18th, 2019
- Duke Johnson reportedly being shopped around by Browns March 14th, 2019
- Nelson Agholor reportedly returning to Eagles March 12th, 2019