Raiders waive quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday
The Oakland Raiders have waived quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday.
Hackenberg was acquired earlier this offseason from the New York Jets for a conditional seventh-round pick but after struggling in OTAs he has been released. The Raiders will get to keep their pick after the move. Hackenberg will go down as one of the most disappointing picks in recent years after being drafted by New York with the 51st overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.
Hackenberg has not thrown an NFL pass during the regular season and completed just 59 of 121 passes (48.8%) he attempted during 6 preseason games the last two seasons.
- Spencer Ware (hamstring) not on Chiefs' injury report for Championship Round January 18th, 2019
- Spencer Ware (hamstring) practicing in full for Chiefs January 18th, 2019
- Texans' J.J. Watt reportedly recovering from cleanup knee procedure January 17th, 2019
- Leonard Fournette 'in a really good place' with Jaguars January 17th, 2019
- Kansas City's Eric Berry (heel) fully participates in Wednesday's practice January 16th, 2019
- Chiefs' Spencer Ware (hamstring) limited in Wednesday's practice January 16th, 2019
- Carson Wentz (back) is Eagles' quarterback 'going forward' January 15th, 2019
- Philadelphia's Nick Foles scores two touchdowns in defeat to New Orleans January 13th, 2019
- Alshon Jeffery (ribs) not on Eagles' injury report for Divisional Round January 11th, 2019
- Mike Wallace (ankle) questionable for Philadelphia in Divisional Round January 11th, 2019
- Alshon Jeffery limited for Eagles' walkthrough January 9th, 2019
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery accumulates 82 receiving yards in Sunday's Wild Card win January 6th, 2019