Raiders waive quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday
The Oakland Raiders have waived quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday.
Hackenberg was acquired earlier this offseason from the New York Jets for a conditional seventh-round pick but after struggling in OTAs he has been released. The Raiders will get to keep their pick after the move. Hackenberg will go down as one of the most disappointing picks in recent years after being drafted by New York with the 51st overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.
Hackenberg has not thrown an NFL pass during the regular season and completed just 59 of 121 passes (48.8%) he attempted during 6 preseason games the last two seasons.
- Carlos Hyde impresses in Browns' second preseason game August 17th, 2018
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes completes 8-of-12 passes, tosses 69-yard touchdown on Friday August 17th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron will start in Friday's preseason game for Buffalo August 17th, 2018
- Chargers' Melvin Gordon looking to take his game to the next level in 2018 August 17th, 2018
- Giants' Eli Manning not expected to play on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Julio Jones expected to sit out Falcons' preseason game on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Nick Foles (neck) will suit up for the Eagles' second preseason game August 14th, 2018
- Alshon Jeffery 'day-to-day' for Eagles, Week 1 status unknown August 14th, 2018
- Eagles' Nelson Agholor dealing with lower-body injury August 14th, 2018
- Carson Wentz needs week of practice to be ready for Eagles Week 1 August 14th, 2018
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) reportedly could miss first six games August 13th, 2018
- Eagles expected to hold out Carson Wentz (knee) for entire preseason August 7th, 2018