Raiders waive quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday
The Oakland Raiders have waived quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday.
Hackenberg was acquired earlier this offseason from the New York Jets for a conditional seventh-round pick but after struggling in OTAs he has been released. The Raiders will get to keep their pick after the move. Hackenberg will go down as one of the most disappointing picks in recent years after being drafted by New York with the 51st overall pick in the 2016 NFL Draft.
Hackenberg has not thrown an NFL pass during the regular season and completed just 59 of 121 passes (48.8%) he attempted during 6 preseason games the last two seasons.
- Baker Mayfield 'has a long way to go' to take over as Browns' starter June 18th, 2018
- Nathan Peterman working with Bills' first-team offense June 18th, 2018
- Odell Beckham (ankle) intends to attend Giants training camp June 18th, 2018
- Dallas Goedert could feature in red-zone immediately for Eagles June 17th, 2018
- Jets not giving up on ArDarius Stewart June 17th, 2018
- Panthers' first-round wideout D.J. Moore 'more than ready to contribute' June 15th, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant could be facing another suspension June 15th, 2018
- Raiders waive quarterback Christian Hackenberg on Tuesday June 12th, 2018
- Khalil Mack will likely skip Raiders' minicamp this weekend June 11th, 2018
- Jets trade Christian Hackenberg to the Raiders for late-round pick May 22nd, 2018
- Raiders cut quarterback Josh Johnson May 10th, 2018
- Raiders' Donald Penn will not be charged for domestic violence May 10th, 2018