Free agent Tim Hightower is participating in Saints minicamp
Free agent running back Tim Hightower is participating in the New Orleans Saints minicamp on a tryout basis.
Head coach Sean Payton seems perpetually enamored with the now 32-year-old Hightower -- who spent last season out of the league after getting released by the San Francisco 49ers at final cuts. If Hightower were to make the team, he would likely solely be used as depth behind Alvin Kamara while Mark Ingram serves his suspension in Weeks 1-4.
In 2016 with the Saints, Hightower produced 548 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns on 133 carries, adding 22 receptions for 200 yards and 1 score. Among the 42 running backs to top 100 carries that year, Hightower's 0.03 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt was 14th-best.
- Texans reportedly release tight end Ryan Griffin on Friday May 17th, 2019
- Cardinals' Patrick Peterson reportedly suspended 6 games for PEDs May 16th, 2019
- Patriots sign wide receiver Dontrelle Inman to a one-year deal on Friday May 10th, 2019
- Doug Baldwin released by Seattle with "failed physical" designation May 9th, 2019
- Ben Watson signs one-year deal with New England May 9th, 2019
- Report: Buccaneers' Jason Pierre-Paul may miss 2019 with neck fracture May 7th, 2019
- San Francisco 49ers draft defensive end Nick Bosa second overall April 25th, 2019
- San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (knee) expected to be cleared for full participation in training camp March 31st, 2019
- 49ers plan to keep Jerick McKinnon March 25th, 2019
- Jordan Matthews signs with San Francisco March 15th, 2019
- Tevin Coleman signs with 49ers for 2-years, $10M March 13th, 2019
- Chiefs reportedly trade Dee Ford to 49ers for a 2020 2nd round pick March 12th, 2019