Free agent Tim Hightower is participating in Saints minicamp
Free agent running back Tim Hightower is participating in the New Orleans Saints minicamp on a tryout basis.
Head coach Sean Payton seems perpetually enamored with the now 32-year-old Hightower -- who spent last season out of the league after getting released by the San Francisco 49ers at final cuts. If Hightower were to make the team, he would likely solely be used as depth behind Alvin Kamara while Mark Ingram serves his suspension in Weeks 1-4.
In 2016 with the Saints, Hightower produced 548 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns on 133 carries, adding 22 receptions for 200 yards and 1 score. Among the 42 running backs to top 100 carries that year, Hightower's 0.03 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt was 14th-best.
- Buccaneers' O.J. Howard ranked among top-10 tight ends in Week 7 October 20th, 2018
- Rams' Brandin Cooks ranked as WR5 for Week 7 October 20th, 2018
- Calvin Ridley (ankle) not listed on Falcons' Week 7 injury report October 20th, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski (back/ankle) doesn't make trip to Chicago for New England October 20th, 2018
- Evan Engram (knee) removed from Giants' Week 7 injury report October 20th, 2018
- Jets release Terrelle Pryor on Saturday October 20th, 2018
- Niners' George Kittle (knee) gets in limited practice on Wednesday October 17th, 2018
- Raheem Mostert may not be 49ers No. 2 running going forward October 17th, 2018
- 49ers add Tom Savage to quarterback room October 16th, 2018
- 49ers' Raheem Mostert replaces Alfred Morris, runs for 87 yards October 16th, 2018
- George Kittle simmers down for San Francisco Monday night October 16th, 2018
- Matt Breida finds end zone in 49ers' loss to Packers October 16th, 2018