Free agent Tim Hightower is participating in Saints minicamp
Free agent running back Tim Hightower is participating in the New Orleans Saints minicamp on a tryout basis.
Head coach Sean Payton seems perpetually enamored with the now 32-year-old Hightower -- who spent last season out of the league after getting released by the San Francisco 49ers at final cuts. If Hightower were to make the team, he would likely solely be used as depth behind Alvin Kamara while Mark Ingram serves his suspension in Weeks 1-4.
In 2016 with the Saints, Hightower produced 548 rushing yards and 4 touchdowns on 133 carries, adding 22 receptions for 200 yards and 1 score. Among the 42 running backs to top 100 carries that year, Hightower's 0.03 Rushing Net Expected Points per attempt was 14th-best.
- Spencer Ware (hamstring) not on Chiefs' injury report for Championship Round January 18th, 2019
- Spencer Ware (hamstring) practicing in full for Chiefs January 18th, 2019
- Texans' J.J. Watt reportedly recovering from cleanup knee procedure January 17th, 2019
- Leonard Fournette 'in a really good place' with Jaguars January 17th, 2019
- Kansas City's Eric Berry (heel) fully participates in Wednesday's practice January 16th, 2019
- Chiefs' Spencer Ware (hamstring) limited in Wednesday's practice January 16th, 2019
- George Kittle breaks single season tight end receiving record in Week 17 December 30th, 2018
- Marquise Goodwin (calf) not practicing for 49ers Wednesday December 26th, 2018
- 49ers' Dante Pettis (MCL) will not play against Seattle in Week 17 December 24th, 2018
- San Francisco's Matt Breida (ankle) ruled out for Week 17 December 24th, 2018
- 49ers' Dante Pettis suffers MCL injury, out for finale December 24th, 2018
- 49ers remove Matt Breida from Week 16's final injury report December 21st, 2018