St. Louis jury awards Reggie Bush $12.5 million in lawsuit against Rams
The Los Angeles Rams have been ordered to pay free agent running back Reggie Bush $12.5 million in damages stemming from his 2015 torn ACL suffered at the Edward Jones Dome.
The old Edward Jones Dome has what Bush's lawsuit called a, "concrete ring of death," surrounding the playing field, and the jury found that the Rams were liable for Bush's injury on the dangerous surface. The Rams will pay Bush $4.95 million in compensatory damages, and another $7.5 million in punitive damages. This decision, years after the Rams left St. Louis, is probably the city of St. Louis extracting some revenge on Stan Kroenke. For Bush, hopefully the money makes up for any free agency dollars he may have lost after the injury, which was probably career-ending.
Bush came back briefly with the Bills in 2017, but he wasn't the same after his ACL surgery. For his career, Bush racked up 5,490 rushing yards and 76 touchdowns on 1,286 attempts (4.3 YPC). He also caught 477-of-661 targets for 3,598 receiving yards and another 18 touchdowns through the air.
- Spencer Ware (hamstring) not on Chiefs' injury report for Championship Round January 18th, 2019
- Spencer Ware (hamstring) practicing in full for Chiefs January 18th, 2019
- Texans' J.J. Watt reportedly recovering from cleanup knee procedure January 17th, 2019
- Leonard Fournette 'in a really good place' with Jaguars January 17th, 2019
- Kansas City's Eric Berry (heel) fully participates in Wednesday's practice January 16th, 2019
- Chiefs' Spencer Ware (hamstring) limited in Wednesday's practice January 16th, 2019
- Buffalo's Josh Allen accounts for five touchdowns in Week 17's blowout victory over Miami December 30th, 2018
- Chris Ivory (shoulder) out for Buffalo in Week 16 December 23rd, 2018
- Charles Clay a healthy scratch for Buffalo in Week 16 December 23rd, 2018
- Chris Ivory (shoulder) not expected to play for Buffalo in Week 16 December 23rd, 2018
- Chris Ivory (shoulder) out for Buffalo in Week 16 December 21st, 2018
- LeSean McCoy (hamstring) 'ready to go' for Bills Week 16 December 21st, 2018