St. Louis jury awards Reggie Bush $12.5 million in lawsuit against Rams
The Los Angeles Rams have been ordered to pay free agent running back Reggie Bush $12.5 million in damages stemming from his 2015 torn ACL suffered at the Edward Jones Dome.
The old Edward Jones Dome has what Bush's lawsuit called a, "concrete ring of death," surrounding the playing field, and the jury found that the Rams were liable for Bush's injury on the dangerous surface. The Rams will pay Bush $4.95 million in compensatory damages, and another $7.5 million in punitive damages. This decision, years after the Rams left St. Louis, is probably the city of St. Louis extracting some revenge on Stan Kroenke. For Bush, hopefully the money makes up for any free agency dollars he may have lost after the injury, which was probably career-ending.
Bush came back briefly with the Bills in 2017, but he wasn't the same after his ACL surgery. For his career, Bush racked up 5,490 rushing yards and 76 touchdowns on 1,286 attempts (4.3 YPC). He also caught 477-of-661 targets for 3,598 receiving yards and another 18 touchdowns through the air.
- Carlos Hyde impresses in Browns' second preseason game August 17th, 2018
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes completes 8-of-12 passes, tosses 69-yard touchdown on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Chargers' Melvin Gordon looking to take his game to the next level in 2018 August 17th, 2018
- Giants' Eli Manning not expected to play on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Julio Jones expected to sit out Falcons' preseason game on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Panthers' Cam Newton could see extended run in Friday's preseason game August 17th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron will start in Friday's preseason game for Buffalo August 17th, 2018
- Josh Allen expected to work with Bills' second-team Friday August 16th, 2018
- LeSean McCoy's ex-girlfriend has filed a personal injury lawsuit against him August 13th, 2018
- Nathan Peterman finishes 9-for-10 with 119 yards and a score on Thursday August 9th, 2018
- Bills taking it slow with Josh Allen August 7th, 2018
- Bills reportedly acquire Corey Coleman from Browns for 2020 7th-round pick August 6th, 2018