St. Louis jury awards Reggie Bush $12.5 million in lawsuit against Rams
The Los Angeles Rams have been ordered to pay free agent running back Reggie Bush $12.5 million in damages stemming from his 2015 torn ACL suffered at the Edward Jones Dome.
The old Edward Jones Dome has what Bush's lawsuit called a, "concrete ring of death," surrounding the playing field, and the jury found that the Rams were liable for Bush's injury on the dangerous surface. The Rams will pay Bush $4.95 million in compensatory damages, and another $7.5 million in punitive damages. This decision, years after the Rams left St. Louis, is probably the city of St. Louis extracting some revenge on Stan Kroenke. For Bush, hopefully the money makes up for any free agency dollars he may have lost after the injury, which was probably career-ending.
Bush came back briefly with the Bills in 2017, but he wasn't the same after his ACL surgery. For his career, Bush racked up 5,490 rushing yards and 76 touchdowns on 1,286 attempts (4.3 YPC). He also caught 477-of-661 targets for 3,598 receiving yards and another 18 touchdowns through the air.
- Lions' Golden Tate projected for 9.19 targets in Week 7 October 20th, 2018
- Buccaneers' O.J. Howard ranked among top-10 tight ends in Week 7 October 20th, 2018
- Rams' Brandin Cooks ranked as WR5 for Week 7 October 20th, 2018
- Calvin Ridley (ankle) not listed on Falcons' Week 7 injury report October 20th, 2018
- Rob Gronkowski (back/ankle) doesn't make trip to Chicago for New England October 20th, 2018
- Evan Engram (knee) removed from Giants' Week 7 injury report October 20th, 2018
- LeSean McCoy believes the Bills' offense is letting the defense down October 19th, 2018
- Derek Anderson named Bills' Week 7 starter versus Colts October 17th, 2018
- Bills' Josh Allen (elbow) expected to miss at least 2-to-3 games October 16th, 2018
- Josh Allen (elbow) reportedly ruled out for Bills Week 7 October 16th, 2018
- Bills' Josh Allen (elbow) suffered a UCL injury on Sunday October 15th, 2018
- Josh Allen week-to-week for Bills with elbow injury October 15th, 2018