St. Louis jury awards Reggie Bush $12.5 million in lawsuit against Rams
The Los Angeles Rams have been ordered to pay free agent running back Reggie Bush $12.5 million in damages stemming from his 2015 torn ACL suffered at the Edward Jones Dome.
The old Edward Jones Dome has what Bush's lawsuit called a, "concrete ring of death," surrounding the playing field, and the jury found that the Rams were liable for Bush's injury on the dangerous surface. The Rams will pay Bush $4.95 million in compensatory damages, and another $7.5 million in punitive damages. This decision, years after the Rams left St. Louis, is probably the city of St. Louis extracting some revenge on Stan Kroenke. For Bush, hopefully the money makes up for any free agency dollars he may have lost after the injury, which was probably career-ending.
Bush came back briefly with the Bills in 2017, but he wasn't the same after his ACL surgery. For his career, Bush racked up 5,490 rushing yards and 76 touchdowns on 1,286 attempts (4.3 YPC). He also caught 477-of-661 targets for 3,598 receiving yards and another 18 touchdowns through the air.
- Ronald Jones could see 15-20 touches a game for Buccaneers June 18th, 2018
- Baker Mayfield 'has a long way to go' to take over as Browns' starter June 18th, 2018
- Odell Beckham (ankle) intends to attend Giants training camp June 18th, 2018
- Dallas Goedert could feature in red-zone immediately for Eagles June 17th, 2018
- Jets not giving up on ArDarius Stewart June 17th, 2018
- Raiders' Martavis Bryant could be facing another suspension June 15th, 2018
- Nathan Peterman working with Bills' first-team offense June 18th, 2018
- Bills expect Zay Jones (knee) to be ready for training camp June 14th, 2018
- Bills giving Josh Allen first-team reps this week June 12th, 2018
- Zay Jones (knee) undergoes surgery, to miss remainder of Bills' offseason program May 24th, 2018
- Bills uninterested in signing Dez Bryant April 29th, 2018
- Buffalo Bills move up to draft LB Tremaine Edmunds in the NFL Draft April 26th, 2018