Tyler Eifert (back) might not be ready for Bengals training camp
Cincinnati Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert (back) may not be ready for training camp, according to head coach Marvin Lewis.
Lewis said he isn't sure about Eifert's status for training camp, but the tight end hasn't participated in minicamp this week, so there could have been some sort of setback. After hauling in 13 touchdowns over 13 games as a sophomore in 2015, the oft-injured 27-year-old has appeared in just 10-of-32 games over the past two years. Tyler Kroft and C.J. Uzomah are the other relevant tight ends on the Bengals' roster.
numberFire's models currently project Eifert for 67.3 catches (96.7 targets), 671.7 yards, and 6.05 touchdowns in 2018, although that assumes he will play in all 16 games.
- 49ers shut down Nick Bosa (hamstring) from offseason program May 23rd, 2019
- Buccaneers sign Ndamukong Suh to 1-year deal May 21st, 2019
- Patriots reportedly extend Julian Edelman through 2021 May 21st, 2019
- Carson Wentz will be full participant in Eagles' OTAs May 21st, 2019
- Buccaneers release Gerald McCoy May 21st, 2019
- Texans reportedly release tight end Ryan Griffin on Friday May 17th, 2019
- Bengals reportedly part with Vontaze Burfict March 18th, 2019
- Bengals re-sign Tyler Eifert to a one-year deal on Saturday March 16th, 2019
- Tyler Kroft to sign a three-year deal with Buffalo March 11th, 2019
- Bengals keep C.J. Uzomah with 3-year, $18M deal March 11th, 2019
- Bengals 'very comfortable' with Andy Dalton January 24th, 2019
- Tyler Boyd (knee) out for Cincinnati in Week 17 December 28th, 2018