Tyler Eifert (back) might not be ready for Bengals training camp
Cincinnati Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert (back) may not be ready for training camp, according to head coach Marvin Lewis.
Lewis said he isn't sure about Eifert's status for training camp, but the tight end hasn't participated in minicamp this week, so there could have been some sort of setback. After hauling in 13 touchdowns over 13 games as a sophomore in 2015, the oft-injured 27-year-old has appeared in just 10-of-32 games over the past two years. Tyler Kroft and C.J. Uzomah are the other relevant tight ends on the Bengals' roster.
numberFire's models currently project Eifert for 67.3 catches (96.7 targets), 671.7 yards, and 6.05 touchdowns in 2018, although that assumes he will play in all 16 games.
- Carlos Hyde impresses in Browns' second preseason game August 17th, 2018
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes completes 8-of-12 passes, tosses 69-yard touchdown on Friday August 17th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron will start in Friday's preseason game for Buffalo August 17th, 2018
- Chargers' Melvin Gordon looking to take his game to the next level in 2018 August 17th, 2018
- Giants' Eli Manning not expected to play on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Julio Jones expected to sit out Falcons' preseason game on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Bengals' John Ross 'good' in training camp August 16th, 2018
- Bengals' A.J. Green still has 'a lot in the tank' August 16th, 2018
- Tyler Eifert expected to have his snaps limited by the Bengals this season August 14th, 2018
- John Ross opens scrimmage as Bengals No. 2 wideout August 4th, 2018
- Brandon LaFell on roster bubble for Bengals August 1st, 2018
- Bengals' Tyler Eifert (back) passes physical, cleared to practice July 30th, 2018