Tyler Eifert (back) might not be ready for Bengals training camp
Cincinnati Bengals tight end Tyler Eifert (back) may not be ready for training camp, according to head coach Marvin Lewis.
Lewis said he isn't sure about Eifert's status for training camp, but the tight end hasn't participated in minicamp this week, so there could have been some sort of setback. After hauling in 13 touchdowns over 13 games as a sophomore in 2015, the oft-injured 27-year-old has appeared in just 10-of-32 games over the past two years. Tyler Kroft and C.J. Uzomah are the other relevant tight ends on the Bengals' roster.
numberFire's models currently project Eifert for 67.3 catches (96.7 targets), 671.7 yards, and 6.05 touchdowns in 2018, although that assumes he will play in all 16 games.
- Spencer Ware (hamstring) not on Chiefs' injury report for Championship Round January 18th, 2019
- Spencer Ware (hamstring) practicing in full for Chiefs January 18th, 2019
- Texans' J.J. Watt reportedly recovering from cleanup knee procedure January 17th, 2019
- Leonard Fournette 'in a really good place' with Jaguars January 17th, 2019
- Kansas City's Eric Berry (heel) fully participates in Wednesday's practice January 16th, 2019
- Chiefs' Spencer Ware (hamstring) limited in Wednesday's practice January 16th, 2019
- Tyler Boyd (knee) out for Cincinnati in Week 17 December 28th, 2018
- Bengals' Vontaze Burfict's career could be at risk due to concussions December 27th, 2018
- Tyler Boyd (knee) still sidelined for Bengals at start of practice week December 26th, 2018
- Vontaze Burfict exits Week 16 early for Bengals with concussion December 23rd, 2018
- Joe Mixon upgraded to full practice, 'focal point' for Bengals versus Browns December 21st, 2018
- Tyler Boyd (knee) officially out for Bengals Week 16 December 21st, 2018