Chargers have reached out to Antonio Gates
Los Angeles Chargers GM Tom Telesco said in a radio appearance Wednesday he has been in contact with free agent Antonio Gates.
With Hunter Henry out for 2018 after tearing his ACL last month, the Chargers' starting tight end right now is Virgil Green. If Gates wants to come back for a 16th NFL season, he likely won't sign until training camp is almost done.
Gates played in all 16 games for the Chargers last year, catching 30-of-52 targets for 316 yards and 3 touchdowns.
- D'Onta Foreman (Achilles) unlikely to be ready for Texans' training camp June 18th, 2018
- Eric Ebron standing out for Colts during offseason work June 18th, 2018
- D.J. Moore 'has looked the part' for Panthers June 18th, 2018
- Mike McCarthy: Packers using committee approach in backfield June 18th, 2018
- Colts' Andrew Luck says 'pain is gone' in shoulder June 18th, 2018
- Zay Jones has to prove his worth in Bills' offense June 18th, 2018
- Chargers have reached out to Antonio Gates June 14th, 2018
- Chargers back Melvin Gordon could catch more passes in 2018 June 11th, 2018
- Chargers expected to run more three-wide sets in 2018 May 31st, 2018
- Julius Thomas a possible target for Chargers May 27th, 2018
- Chargers' Hunter Henry tears ACL, likely out for 2018 season May 22nd, 2018
- Chargers' Corey Liuget slapped with 4-game PED suspension March 23rd, 2018