Chargers have reached out to Antonio Gates
Los Angeles Chargers GM Tom Telesco said in a radio appearance Wednesday he has been in contact with free agent Antonio Gates.
With Hunter Henry out for 2018 after tearing his ACL last month, the Chargers' starting tight end right now is Virgil Green. If Gates wants to come back for a 16th NFL season, he likely won't sign until training camp is almost done.
Gates played in all 16 games for the Chargers last year, catching 30-of-52 targets for 316 yards and 3 touchdowns.
- Spencer Ware (hamstring) not on Chiefs' injury report for Championship Round January 18th, 2019
- Spencer Ware (hamstring) practicing in full for Chiefs January 18th, 2019
- Texans' J.J. Watt reportedly recovering from cleanup knee procedure January 17th, 2019
- Leonard Fournette 'in a really good place' with Jaguars January 17th, 2019
- Kansas City's Eric Berry (heel) fully participates in Wednesday's practice January 16th, 2019
- Chiefs' Spencer Ware (hamstring) limited in Wednesday's practice January 16th, 2019
- Chargers' Antonio Gates wants to return for 2019 January 14th, 2019
- Philip Rivers throws for 331 yards and three touchdowns in Chargers' loss to New England January 13th, 2019
- Hunter Henry (knee) active for Chargers in Divisional Round January 13th, 2019
- Rapoport: Chargers "optimistic" Hunter Henry (knee) will play in Divisional Round January 13th, 2019
- Melvin Gordon (knee) good to go for Chargers versus Patriots January 11th, 2019
- Hunter Henry (knee) questionable for Chargers in Divisional Round January 11th, 2019