Chargers have reached out to Antonio Gates
Los Angeles Chargers GM Tom Telesco said in a radio appearance Wednesday he has been in contact with free agent Antonio Gates.
With Hunter Henry out for 2018 after tearing his ACL last month, the Chargers' starting tight end right now is Virgil Green. If Gates wants to come back for a 16th NFL season, he likely won't sign until training camp is almost done.
Gates played in all 16 games for the Chargers last year, catching 30-of-52 targets for 316 yards and 3 touchdowns.
- 49ers shut down Nick Bosa (hamstring) from offseason program May 23rd, 2019
- Buccaneers sign Ndamukong Suh to 1-year deal May 21st, 2019
- Patriots reportedly extend Julian Edelman through 2021 May 21st, 2019
- Carson Wentz will be full participant in Eagles' OTAs May 21st, 2019
- Buccaneers release Gerald McCoy May 21st, 2019
- Texans reportedly release tight end Ryan Griffin on Friday May 17th, 2019
- Hunter Henry (knee) on track for Chargers' OTAs March 25th, 2019
- Tyrod Taylor reportedly joins Chargers as Philip Rivers' backup March 13th, 2019
- Chargers reportedly sign longtime Panther Thomas Davis March 12th, 2019
- Chargers' Antonio Gates wants to return for 2019 January 14th, 2019
- Philip Rivers throws for 331 yards and three touchdowns in Chargers' loss to New England January 13th, 2019
- Hunter Henry (knee) active for Chargers in Divisional Round January 13th, 2019