Chargers have reached out to Antonio Gates
Los Angeles Chargers GM Tom Telesco said in a radio appearance Wednesday he has been in contact with free agent Antonio Gates.
With Hunter Henry out for 2018 after tearing his ACL last month, the Chargers' starting tight end right now is Virgil Green. If Gates wants to come back for a 16th NFL season, he likely won't sign until training camp is almost done.
Gates played in all 16 games for the Chargers last year, catching 30-of-52 targets for 316 yards and 3 touchdowns.
- Carlos Hyde impresses in Browns' second preseason game August 17th, 2018
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes completes 8-of-12 passes, tosses 69-yard touchdown on Friday August 17th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron will start in Friday's preseason game for Buffalo August 17th, 2018
- Giants' Eli Manning not expected to play on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Julio Jones expected to sit out Falcons' preseason game on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Panthers' Cam Newton could see extended run in Friday's preseason game August 17th, 2018
- Chargers' Melvin Gordon looking to take his game to the next level in 2018 August 17th, 2018
- Joey Bosa (foot) to sit out Chargers' second preseason game August 16th, 2018
- Tyrell Williams listed with first-team offense in Chargers initial depth chart August 7th, 2018
- Chargers have reached out to Antonio Gates June 14th, 2018
- Chargers back Melvin Gordon could catch more passes in 2018 June 11th, 2018
- Chargers expected to run more three-wide sets in 2018 May 31st, 2018