Schefter: Buccaneers' Jameis Winston to be suspended 3 games for Uber incident
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston will be suspended three games for violating the league's personal-conduct policy, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Schefter's colleague, ESPN Tallahassee radio host Jeff Cameron, reported Wednesday night that Winston was expecting a suspension but that it would likely be only 1 game. Winston is alleged to have groped an Uber driver, and even though he was never charged with a crime, the NFL has proven they won't hesitate taking these sorts of matters into their own hands. Ryan Fitzpatrick is second at quarterback on the Buccaneers' depth chart.
Prior to this report, numberFire's models projected Jameis to throw for 4,177 passing yards, 26.43 touchdowns, and 15.8 interceptions in 2018, with an additional 160.3 yards and 1.76 scores on the ground. He was the QB18 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- San Francisco's Matt Breida diagnosed with a hyperextended knee September 24th, 2018
- Niners' Alfred Morris picks up ankle injury in Week 3 September 24th, 2018
- Rams' Aqib Talib (ankle) may require surgery, will get second opinion September 24th, 2018
- Christine Michael cut by Colts September 24th, 2018
- Jets express interest in trading for Steelers' Le'Veon Bell September 24th, 2018
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo (knee) confirmed by MRI to have torn ACL September 24th, 2018
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones a healthy scratch on Monday night September 24th, 2018
- Buccaneers' Brent Grimes (groin) expects to make season debut Monday September 20th, 2018
- Bucs coach not committing to a Jameis Winston return in Week 4 September 17th, 2018
- Mike Evans catches 10 passes, scores as Bucs sink Eagles September 17th, 2018
- Bucs' Ryan Fitzpatrick stays hot, throws for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns on Sunday September 16th, 2018
- DeSean Jackson (concussion) expected to play on Sunday for Tampa Bay September 15th, 2018