Schefter: Buccaneers' Jameis Winston to be suspended 3 games for Uber incident
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston will be suspended three games for violating the league's personal-conduct policy, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Schefter's colleague, ESPN Tallahassee radio host Jeff Cameron, reported Wednesday night that Winston was expecting a suspension but that it would likely be only 1 game. Winston is alleged to have groped an Uber driver, and even though he was never charged with a crime, the NFL has proven they won't hesitate taking these sorts of matters into their own hands. Ryan Fitzpatrick is second at quarterback on the Buccaneers' depth chart.
Prior to this report, numberFire's models projected Jameis to throw for 4,177 passing yards, 26.43 touchdowns, and 15.8 interceptions in 2018, with an additional 160.3 yards and 1.76 scores on the ground. He was the QB18 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Randall Cobb signs with Cowboys for 1-year, $5 million March 19th, 2019
- Blake Bortles inks a one-year deal with Los Angeles Rams March 18th, 2019
- Bengals reportedly part with Vontaze Burfict March 18th, 2019
- Haloti Ngata announces retirement after 13 seasons March 18th, 2019
- Ryan Fitzpatrick reportedly signs a two-year deal with the Dolphins on Sunday March 17th, 2019
- Raiders release Donald Penn on Saturday March 16th, 2019
- Breshad Perriman signs 1-year deal with Tampa Bay March 13th, 2019
- Andre Ellington signs with Buccaneers February 19th, 2019
- Bucs' Cameron Brate (hip) has offseason surgery January 19th, 2019
- Buccaneers could release Gerald McCoy this offseason January 16th, 2019
- Bruce Arians: Jameis Winston needs to be 'little bit smarter' for Buccaneers January 11th, 2019
- Buccaneers reportedly finalizing deal with Bruce Arians January 8th, 2019