Schefter: Buccaneers' Jameis Winston to be suspended 3 games for Uber incident
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston will be suspended three games for violating the league's personal-conduct policy, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Schefter's colleague, ESPN Tallahassee radio host Jeff Cameron, reported Wednesday night that Winston was expecting a suspension but that it would likely be only 1 game. Winston is alleged to have groped an Uber driver, and even though he was never charged with a crime, the NFL has proven they won't hesitate taking these sorts of matters into their own hands. Ryan Fitzpatrick is second at quarterback on the Buccaneers' depth chart.
Prior to this report, numberFire's models projected Jameis to throw for 4,177 passing yards, 26.43 touchdowns, and 15.8 interceptions in 2018, with an additional 160.3 yards and 1.76 scores on the ground. He was the QB18 in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Saints add Shane Vereen to backfield July 18th, 2018
- Cardinals' Ricky Seals-Jones arrested for assault July 18th, 2018
- Rams ink Brandin Cooks to a 5-year contract extension July 17th, 2018
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell expected to skip training camp, report for Week 1 July 17th, 2018
- Saints' Cameron Meredith (knee) hopes to be ready for training camp July 17th, 2018
- Earl Thomas would like to be traded if Seahawks don't offer contract extension July 17th, 2018
- Adam Humphries locked-in as Buccaneers' slot receiver July 12th, 2018
- Buccaneers' Jameis Winston officially suspended for three games June 28th, 2018
- Buccaneers' Ryan Griffin has 'major opportunity' to start Week 1 June 22nd, 2018
- Schefter: Buccaneers' Jameis Winston to be suspended 3 games for Uber incident June 21st, 2018
- Buccaneers' Jameis Winston could be facing suspension June 21st, 2018
- Ronald Jones could see 15-20 touches a game for Buccaneers June 18th, 2018