Buccaneers' Ryan Griffin has 'major opportunity' to start Week 1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Ryan Griffin has a "major opportunity" to pass Ryan Fitzpatrick on the depth chart and start during Jameis Winston's three-game suspension, believes Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times.
Griffin sprained his AC joint during the Buccaneers' first preseason game last summer but the 2013 undrafted free agent still impressed the coaching staff enough to earn a one-year extension. He should see plenty of opportunity during offseason work as the team decides what to do under center for Weeks 1-3. Griffin spent his first couple years in the NFL with Sean Payton and Drew Brees in New Orleans on the Saints, but he's never attempted a pass in the regular season.
Griffin completed 62.2 percent of his passes for 2,771 yards with 20 touchdowns and 11 interceptions as a senior at Tulane in 2012.
- Giants 'hopeful' Odell Beckham (quad) returns Week 16 December 17th, 2018
- Carson Wentz (back) week-to-week for Eagles, will start when healthy December 17th, 2018
- Nick Foles to remain Eagles' starter Week 16 December 17th, 2018
- Jaguars' Leonard Fournette said his limited volume Sunday was part of the game plan December 17th, 2018
- Melvin Gordon (knee) could play for the Chargers on Saturday December 17th, 2018
- Frank Gore (foot) reportedly expected to miss rest of Dolphins' season December 17th, 2018
- DeSean Jackson (thumb) out again for Buccaneers Week 15 December 14th, 2018
- DeSean Jackson (thumb) still not practicing for Tampa Bay Thursday December 13th, 2018
- DeSean Jackson (thumb) remains sidelined for Buccaneers December 12th, 2018
- Buccaneers' DeSean Jackson (thumb) unable to squeeze ball December 11th, 2018
- DeSean Jackson (thumb) expected to sit again for Buccaneers Week 14 December 7th, 2018
- DeSean Jackson (thumb) not practicing for Buccaneers again Thursday December 6th, 2018