Buccaneers' Ryan Griffin has 'major opportunity' to start Week 1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Ryan Griffin has a "major opportunity" to pass Ryan Fitzpatrick on the depth chart and start during Jameis Winston's three-game suspension, believes Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times.
Griffin sprained his AC joint during the Buccaneers' first preseason game last summer but the 2013 undrafted free agent still impressed the coaching staff enough to earn a one-year extension. He should see plenty of opportunity during offseason work as the team decides what to do under center for Weeks 1-3. Griffin spent his first couple years in the NFL with Sean Payton and Drew Brees in New Orleans on the Saints, but he's never attempted a pass in the regular season.
Griffin completed 62.2 percent of his passes for 2,771 yards with 20 touchdowns and 11 interceptions as a senior at Tulane in 2012.
- Randall Cobb signs with Cowboys for 1-year, $5 million March 19th, 2019
- Blake Bortles inks a one-year deal with Los Angeles Rams March 18th, 2019
- Bengals reportedly part with Vontaze Burfict March 18th, 2019
- Haloti Ngata announces retirement after 13 seasons March 18th, 2019
- Ryan Fitzpatrick reportedly signs a two-year deal with the Dolphins on Sunday March 17th, 2019
- Raiders release Donald Penn on Saturday March 16th, 2019
- Breshad Perriman signs 1-year deal with Tampa Bay March 13th, 2019
- Andre Ellington signs with Buccaneers February 19th, 2019
- Bucs' Cameron Brate (hip) has offseason surgery January 19th, 2019
- Buccaneers could release Gerald McCoy this offseason January 16th, 2019
- Bruce Arians: Jameis Winston needs to be 'little bit smarter' for Buccaneers January 11th, 2019
- Buccaneers reportedly finalizing deal with Bruce Arians January 8th, 2019