Buccaneers' Ryan Griffin has 'major opportunity' to start Week 1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Ryan Griffin has a "major opportunity" to pass Ryan Fitzpatrick on the depth chart and start during Jameis Winston's three-game suspension, believes Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times.
Griffin sprained his AC joint during the Buccaneers' first preseason game last summer but the 2013 undrafted free agent still impressed the coaching staff enough to earn a one-year extension. He should see plenty of opportunity during offseason work as the team decides what to do under center for Weeks 1-3. Griffin spent his first couple years in the NFL with Sean Payton and Drew Brees in New Orleans on the Saints, but he's never attempted a pass in the regular season.
Griffin completed 62.2 percent of his passes for 2,771 yards with 20 touchdowns and 11 interceptions as a senior at Tulane in 2012.
- San Francisco's Matt Breida diagnosed with a hyperextended knee September 24th, 2018
- Niners' Alfred Morris picks up ankle injury in Week 3 September 24th, 2018
- Rams' Aqib Talib (ankle) may require surgery, will get second opinion September 24th, 2018
- Christine Michael cut by Colts September 24th, 2018
- Jets express interest in trading for Steelers' Le'Veon Bell September 24th, 2018
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo (knee) confirmed by MRI to have torn ACL September 24th, 2018
- Buccaneers' Ronald Jones a healthy scratch on Monday night September 24th, 2018
- Buccaneers' Brent Grimes (groin) expects to make season debut Monday September 20th, 2018
- Bucs coach not committing to a Jameis Winston return in Week 4 September 17th, 2018
- Mike Evans catches 10 passes, scores as Bucs sink Eagles September 17th, 2018
- Bucs' Ryan Fitzpatrick stays hot, throws for 400 yards and 4 touchdowns on Sunday September 16th, 2018
- DeSean Jackson (concussion) expected to play on Sunday for Tampa Bay September 15th, 2018