Buccaneers' Ryan Griffin has 'major opportunity' to start Week 1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Ryan Griffin has a "major opportunity" to pass Ryan Fitzpatrick on the depth chart and start during Jameis Winston's three-game suspension, believes Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times.
Griffin sprained his AC joint during the Buccaneers' first preseason game last summer but the 2013 undrafted free agent still impressed the coaching staff enough to earn a one-year extension. He should see plenty of opportunity during offseason work as the team decides what to do under center for Weeks 1-3. Griffin spent his first couple years in the NFL with Sean Payton and Drew Brees in New Orleans on the Saints, but he's never attempted a pass in the regular season.
Griffin completed 62.2 percent of his passes for 2,771 yards with 20 touchdowns and 11 interceptions as a senior at Tulane in 2012.
- Saints add Shane Vereen to backfield July 18th, 2018
- Cardinals' Ricky Seals-Jones arrested for assault July 18th, 2018
- Rams ink Brandin Cooks to a 5-year contract extension July 17th, 2018
- Steelers' Le'Veon Bell expected to skip training camp, report for Week 1 July 17th, 2018
- Saints' Cameron Meredith (knee) hopes to be ready for training camp July 17th, 2018
- Earl Thomas would like to be traded if Seahawks don't offer contract extension July 17th, 2018
- Adam Humphries locked-in as Buccaneers' slot receiver July 12th, 2018
- Buccaneers' Jameis Winston officially suspended for three games June 28th, 2018
- Buccaneers' Ryan Griffin has 'major opportunity' to start Week 1 June 22nd, 2018
- Schefter: Buccaneers' Jameis Winston to be suspended 3 games for Uber incident June 21st, 2018
- Buccaneers' Jameis Winston could be facing suspension June 21st, 2018
- Ronald Jones could see 15-20 touches a game for Buccaneers June 18th, 2018