Panthers' Cam Newton could be on hot seat
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is on the "hot seat" in 2018, ESPN reporter David Newton considers.
Newton writes, "If he doesn't show improvement after consecutive down years, there will be a lot of questions about his future." Cam is still only 29 and one of the most dynamic all-around quarterbacks. He remains in the prime of his career and is under contract through 2020 at a bargain rate of $20.76 million annually, as the league's 15th-highest-paid passer. It would be a shock to see Carolina move on from him.
Our models project Newton as the sixth-best quarterback for fantasy this year. We peg him for 3,314 passing yards, 21.7 touchdowns, and 12.1 interceptions on 492 passing attempts. He should add 120 carries for 742 yards and 5.5 touchdowns on the ground.
- Bears to release kicker Cody Parkey at start of league year February 22nd, 2019
- Rapoport: Bears expected to release Dion Sims February 20th, 2019
- Antonio Brown will only be traded if Steelers benefit February 20th, 2019
- Steelers say Le'Veon Bell will not be tagged February 20th, 2019
- Andre Ellington signs with Buccaneers February 19th, 2019
- DeMarcus Lawrence refusing to sign franchise tender with Cowboys again February 19th, 2019
- Eric Reid re-signs with Panthers for 3 seasons February 12th, 2019
- Panthers' Greg Olsen (foot) plans to play next season February 6th, 2019
- Julius Peppers retires after 17 seasons February 1st, 2019
- Panthers suggest Cam Newton (shoulder) could sit out 2019 January 16th, 2019
- Devin Funchess out for Carolina in Week 17 December 30th, 2018
- Panthers 'have some plans' for younger players in finale December 27th, 2018