Panthers' Cam Newton could be on hot seat
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is on the "hot seat" in 2018, ESPN reporter David Newton considers.
Newton writes, "If he doesn't show improvement after consecutive down years, there will be a lot of questions about his future." Cam is still only 29 and one of the most dynamic all-around quarterbacks. He remains in the prime of his career and is under contract through 2020 at a bargain rate of $20.76 million annually, as the league's 15th-highest-paid passer. It would be a shock to see Carolina move on from him.
Our models project Newton as the sixth-best quarterback for fantasy this year. We peg him for 3,314 passing yards, 21.7 touchdowns, and 12.1 interceptions on 492 passing attempts. He should add 120 carries for 742 yards and 5.5 touchdowns on the ground.
- Eagles' Wendell Smallwood primed for larger role in Week 3 September 21st, 2018
- Corey Clement (quad) added to Eagles' injury report for Week 3 September 21st, 2018
- Minnesota's Kyle Rudolph projected as a top-6 tight end for Week 3 September 21st, 2018
- Vikings' Latavius Murray expected to start with Dalvin Cook ruled out for Week 3 September 21st, 2018
- Marshawn Lynch (shoulder) removed from Raiders' injury report for Week 3 September 21st, 2018
- Earl Thomas (personal) not a lock to play for Seattle in Week 3 September 21st, 2018
- Panthers' D.J. Moore needs more usage, coach Ron Rivera said September 17th, 2018
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey catches 14 passes in Week 2 September 16th, 2018
- Cam Newton tops 300 yards but Panthers fall to Falcons in Week 2 September 16th, 2018
- Panthers' Daryl Williams (knee) placed on Injured Reserve September 12th, 2018
- Greg Olsen (foot) hopes to play again for Panthers this season September 11th, 2018
- Carolina won't stop Cam Newton from running the ball September 11th, 2018