Panthers' Cam Newton could be on hot seat
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is on the "hot seat" in 2018, ESPN reporter David Newton considers.
Newton writes, "If he doesn't show improvement after consecutive down years, there will be a lot of questions about his future." Cam is still only 29 and one of the most dynamic all-around quarterbacks. He remains in the prime of his career and is under contract through 2020 at a bargain rate of $20.76 million annually, as the league's 15th-highest-paid passer. It would be a shock to see Carolina move on from him.
Our models project Newton as the sixth-best quarterback for fantasy this year. We peg him for 3,314 passing yards, 21.7 touchdowns, and 12.1 interceptions on 492 passing attempts. He should add 120 carries for 742 yards and 5.5 touchdowns on the ground.
- DeAndre Hopkins (foot) limited in Texans' practice on Wednesday November 14th, 2018
- Colts' T.Y. Hilton projected as WR15 in Week 11 November 14th, 2018
- Adrian Peterson (shoulder) limited in Washington's Wednesday practice November 14th, 2018
- Baltimore's Alex Collins ranked among Week 11's top-20 running backs November 14th, 2018
- Adam Thielen (back, calf) limited in Vikings' practice on Wednesday November 14th, 2018
- Packers' Marquez Valdes-Scantling projected for 8.4 targets in Week 11 November 14th, 2018
- Torrey Smith (knee) still out for Panthers Tuesday November 13th, 2018
- Panthers release running back C.J. Anderson November 12th, 2018
- Cam Newton, Panthers stifled by Steelers in embarrassing loss November 9th, 2018
- Christian McCaffrey lone bright spot for Panthers in ugly loss November 9th, 2018
- Panthers' Devin Funchess projected for a bounce-back performance in Week 10 November 7th, 2018
- Panthers' Greg Olsen projected as TE3 for Week 10 November 7th, 2018