Panthers' Cam Newton could be on hot seat
Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton is on the "hot seat" in 2018, ESPN reporter David Newton considers.
Newton writes, "If he doesn't show improvement after consecutive down years, there will be a lot of questions about his future." Cam is still only 29 and one of the most dynamic all-around quarterbacks. He remains in the prime of his career and is under contract through 2020 at a bargain rate of $20.76 million annually, as the league's 15th-highest-paid passer. It would be a shock to see Carolina move on from him.
Our models project Newton as the sixth-best quarterback for fantasy this year. We peg him for 3,314 passing yards, 21.7 touchdowns, and 12.1 interceptions on 492 passing attempts. He should add 120 carries for 742 yards and 5.5 touchdowns on the ground.
- DeMarco Murray announces retirement Friday July 13th, 2018
- Corey Davis shined during Titans spring work July 13th, 2018
- Chris Ivory to be Bills' next man up if LeSean McCoy is out July 12th, 2018
- Titans plan for Derrick Henry as primary rushing back July 12th, 2018
- Cody Latimer is secure in Giants' third receiver role July 12th, 2018
- Adam Humphries locked-in as Buccaneers' slot receiver July 12th, 2018
- Panthers' Cam Newton could be on hot seat July 12th, 2018
- D.J. Moore 'has looked the part' for Panthers June 18th, 2018
- Panthers' first-round wideout D.J. Moore 'more than ready to contribute' June 15th, 2018
- Panthers' Luke Kuechly (shoulder) says he is on schedule June 12th, 2018
- Curtis Samuel (ankle) participating in Panthers' OTAs May 22nd, 2018
- Panthers place Fozzy Whittaker (knee) on injured reserve May 10th, 2018