Darren Sproles (ACL) expected to see reduced role in Eagles' offense
Philadelphia Eagles running back Darren Sproles (ACL) will play fewer snaps on offense this season, believes Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski.
Sproles turned 35 in June and is coming off a torn ACL that limited him to 3 games last season, so this isn't a surprising prediction, especially with the emergence of 2017 undrafted free agent Corey Clement. Kempski writes that Sproles will maintain a reduced role on offense but that the majority of the veteran's contributions will come on special teams. Sproles previously announced that next season will be his last.
Sproles is the RB65 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings, behind starter Jay Ajayi (RB22) and Clement (RB53). Our models project him for 509.3 yards from scrimmage and 1.53 offensive touchdowns on 83.1 touches (42.8 catches).
- Carlos Hyde impresses in Browns' second preseason game August 17th, 2018
- Chiefs' Patrick Mahomes completes 8-of-12 passes, tosses 69-yard touchdown on Friday August 17th, 2018
- A.J. McCarron will start in Friday's preseason game for Buffalo August 17th, 2018
- Chargers' Melvin Gordon looking to take his game to the next level in 2018 August 17th, 2018
- Giants' Eli Manning not expected to play on Friday night August 17th, 2018
- Julio Jones expected to sit out Falcons' preseason game on Friday August 17th, 2018
- Nick Foles (neck) will suit up for the Eagles' second preseason game August 14th, 2018
- Alshon Jeffery 'day-to-day' for Eagles, Week 1 status unknown August 14th, 2018
- Eagles' Nelson Agholor dealing with lower-body injury August 14th, 2018
- Carson Wentz needs week of practice to be ready for Eagles Week 1 August 14th, 2018
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery (shoulder) reportedly could miss first six games August 13th, 2018
- Eagles expected to hold out Carson Wentz (knee) for entire preseason August 7th, 2018