Darren Sproles (ACL) expected to see reduced role in Eagles' offense
Philadelphia Eagles running back Darren Sproles (ACL) will play fewer snaps on offense this season, believes Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski.
Sproles turned 35 in June and is coming off a torn ACL that limited him to 3 games last season, so this isn't a surprising prediction, especially with the emergence of 2017 undrafted free agent Corey Clement. Kempski writes that Sproles will maintain a reduced role on offense but that the majority of the veteran's contributions will come on special teams. Sproles previously announced that next season will be his last.
Sproles is the RB65 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings, behind starter Jay Ajayi (RB22) and Clement (RB53). Our models project him for 509.3 yards from scrimmage and 1.53 offensive touchdowns on 83.1 touches (42.8 catches).
- Texans' J.J. Watt reportedly recovering from cleanup knee procedure January 17th, 2019
- Leonard Fournette 'in a really good place' with Jaguars January 17th, 2019
- Kansas City's Eric Berry (heel) fully participates in Wednesday's practice January 16th, 2019
- Chiefs' Spencer Ware (hamstring) limited in Wednesday's practice January 16th, 2019
- Panthers suggest Cam Newton (shoulder) could sit out 2019 January 16th, 2019
- Buccaneers could release Gerald McCoy this offseason January 16th, 2019
- Carson Wentz (back) is Eagles' quarterback 'going forward' January 15th, 2019
- Philadelphia's Nick Foles scores two touchdowns in defeat to New Orleans January 13th, 2019
- Alshon Jeffery (ribs) not on Eagles' injury report for Divisional Round January 11th, 2019
- Mike Wallace (ankle) questionable for Philadelphia in Divisional Round January 11th, 2019
- Alshon Jeffery limited for Eagles' walkthrough January 9th, 2019
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery accumulates 82 receiving yards in Sunday's Wild Card win January 6th, 2019