Darren Sproles (ACL) expected to see reduced role in Eagles' offense
Philadelphia Eagles running back Darren Sproles (ACL) will play fewer snaps on offense this season, believes Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski.
Sproles turned 35 in June and is coming off a torn ACL that limited him to 3 games last season, so this isn't a surprising prediction, especially with the emergence of 2017 undrafted free agent Corey Clement. Kempski writes that Sproles will maintain a reduced role on offense but that the majority of the veteran's contributions will come on special teams. Sproles previously announced that next season will be his last.
Sproles is the RB65 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings, behind starter Jay Ajayi (RB22) and Clement (RB53). Our models project him for 509.3 yards from scrimmage and 1.53 offensive touchdowns on 83.1 touches (42.8 catches).
- Demaryius Thomas signs one-year deal with New England April 16th, 2019
- Russell Wilson, Seahawks sign 4-year, $140 million extension April 16th, 2019
- Panthers sign receiver Chris Hogan to a one-year deal April 13th, 2019
- C.J. Anderson signs a one-year deal with Detroit April 1st, 2019
- San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (knee) expected to be cleared for full participation in training camp March 31st, 2019
- Marlon Mack 'the featured guy' in Colts' backfield March 29th, 2019
- Bears trade Jordan Howard to Eagles for 2020 Draft pick March 28th, 2019
- Richard Rodgers re-signs with Philadelphia March 28th, 2019
- Jeremy Maclin hangs them up March 25th, 2019
- Haloti Ngata announces retirement after 13 seasons March 18th, 2019
- Duke Johnson reportedly being shopped around by Browns March 14th, 2019
- Nelson Agholor reportedly returning to Eagles March 12th, 2019