Darren Sproles (ACL) expected to see reduced role in Eagles' offense
Philadelphia Eagles running back Darren Sproles (ACL) will play fewer snaps on offense this season, believes Philly Voice's Jimmy Kempski.
Sproles turned 35 in June and is coming off a torn ACL that limited him to 3 games last season, so this isn't a surprising prediction, especially with the emergence of 2017 undrafted free agent Corey Clement. Kempski writes that Sproles will maintain a reduced role on offense but that the majority of the veteran's contributions will come on special teams. Sproles previously announced that next season will be his last.
Sproles is the RB65 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings, behind starter Jay Ajayi (RB22) and Clement (RB53). Our models project him for 509.3 yards from scrimmage and 1.53 offensive touchdowns on 83.1 touches (42.8 catches).
- Calvin Ridley officially active for Falcons versus Giants October 22nd, 2018
- Mohamed Sanu (hip) active for Falcons on Monday night October 22nd, 2018
- Jaguars release Jamaal Charles October 22nd, 2018
- Marshawn Lynch (groin) placed on Raiders' injured reserve October 22nd, 2018
- Le'Veon Bell to continue holdout from Steelers until at least Week 9 October 22nd, 2018
- Colts' Adam Vinatieri dealing with groin injury October 22nd, 2018
- Carson Wentz throws for 310 yards, 2 touchdowns in Eagles' loss on Sunday October 22nd, 2018
- Zach Ertz catches 9 passes for 138 yards in Eagles' loss October 21st, 2018
- Eagles' Zach Ertz projected for top-2 fantasy finish in Week 7 October 19th, 2018
- Eagles' Darren Sproles (hamstring) will not play in Week 7 October 19th, 2018
- Carson Wentz (back) practices in full for Eagles Thursday October 18th, 2018
- Eagles' Alshon Jeffery ranked as WR13 for Week 7 October 17th, 2018