Bruins' Brad Marchand scores twice in shootout win
Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand scored two goals in the Boston Bruins' 4-3 shootout victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs in Toronto Monday night.
Marchand's goals were his ninth and 10th of the season. The teams were tied 3-3 after the second period and could not score goals in the third period or in overtime, setting up the shootout dramatics. Boston's other goal scorer Monday was Zac Rinaldo, his first of the season. Rinaldo also recorded a team-high four hits in the game.
Marchand is off to a fantastic start with 16 points in 18 games. His career-high point total in a season is 53, which came back in 2013-'14. We don't see him keeping up this pace. We project Marchand to tally 37 points -- 20 goals and 17 assists -- over the final 59 games.
- Penguins acquire Derick Brassard from Senators February 23rd, 2018
- Montreal's Shea Weber (foot) to undergo surgery, miss remainder of season February 22nd, 2018
- Flyers' Wayne Simmonds (upper body) to miss 2-3 weeks February 20th, 2018
- Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury January 24th, 2018
- Keith Kinkaid starting for Devils on Tuesday in place of Cory Schneider (illness) January 16th, 2018
- Cory Schneider (illness) won't be in net for Devils on Tuesday January 16th, 2018
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron (foot) out at least 2 weeks February 27th, 2018
- Bruins' Brad Marchand (undisclosed) won't play in next two games November 14th, 2017
- Brad Marchand (upper body) to return to Bruins on Friday November 10th, 2017
- Tuukka Rask starting in goal for Bruins on Sunday October 15th, 2017
- Tuukka Rask starting for the Bruins on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron (lower body) ruled out of Wednesday's game October 10th, 2017