Bruins' Brad Marchand scores twice in shootout win
Boston Bruins forward Brad Marchand scored two goals in the Boston Bruins' 4-3 shootout victory over the Toronto Maple Leafs in Toronto Monday night.
Marchand's goals were his ninth and 10th of the season. The teams were tied 3-3 after the second period and could not score goals in the third period or in overtime, setting up the shootout dramatics. Boston's other goal scorer Monday was Zac Rinaldo, his first of the season. Rinaldo also recorded a team-high four hits in the game.
Marchand is off to a fantastic start with 16 points in 18 games. His career-high point total in a season is 53, which came back in 2013-'14. We don't see him keeping up this pace. We project Marchand to tally 37 points -- 20 goals and 17 assists -- over the final 59 games.
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Vegas' Marc-Andre Fleury earns 72nd career playoff win, moves to eighth all-time May 17th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury makes 28 saves as Golden Knights shut out Sharks, advance to Western Conference Finals May 7th, 2018
- Taylor Hall scores 1 goal, 2 assists as Devils defeat Lightning in Game 3 April 17th, 2018
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron (foot) out at least 2 weeks February 27th, 2018
- Bruins' Brad Marchand (undisclosed) won't play in next two games November 14th, 2017
- Brad Marchand (upper body) to return to Bruins on Friday November 10th, 2017
- Tuukka Rask starting in goal for Bruins on Sunday October 15th, 2017
- Tuukka Rask starting for the Bruins on Wednesday October 11th, 2017
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron (lower body) ruled out of Wednesday's game October 10th, 2017