Blackhawks, Artemi Panarin hold preliminary talks
The agent of Chicago Blackhawks winger Artemi Panarin, Tom Lynn, and Blackhawks general manager Stan Bowman, have had preliminary talks about a contract extension, according to a source.
The two sides are believed to continue talks later this month, but it's unlikely that a new deal is reached prior to the World Cup of Hockey (September 17). We likely won't see any updates until a deal is finalized. Bowman gave his thought saying, "I think we've had good luck in the past just keeping the negotiations me, myself. I know Tom Lynn pretty well. I don't think he's going to want to do a volley back and forth in the media. When we have something to announce, you guys will be the first to know." Each side is expected to remain patient, but ultimately it's believed an agreement will be reached. Panarin, who was named the top rookie in the NHL last season by winning the Calder Trophy, is eligible to be a restricted free agent after the 2016-17 season.
The 24 year-old was incredibly productive in his rookie season, posting 30 goals and 77 points in 80 games. He was solid at driving possession as well, posting a 53.0 Corsi For Percentage and 3.0 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Blue Jackets' Sergei Bobrovsky will start in goal on Friday October 13th, 2017
- Sergei Bobrovsky is starting for the Blue Jackets on Friday October 6th, 2017
- Columbus looking to Sergei Bobrovsky to keep their season alive April 20th, 2017
- Blue Jackets make Scott Hartnell a healthy scratch for Game 4 April 18th, 2017
- Joonas Korpisalo is manning the crease for Columbus on Sunday April 9th, 2017
- Joonas Korpisalo named the starter Thursday for Columbus April 6th, 2017