Sharks ink Brent Burns to eight-year deal
San Jose Sharks defenseman Brent Burns has signed an eight-year contract extension with the team that is believed to be worth around $8 million annually.
Berns was scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent this summer if the two sides didn't agree on a new deal. He earned it by totaling 135 points over the past two seasons, emerging as an offensive force for the Sharks.
Through 19 games this season, Burns has 16 points (seven goals, nine assists). He's also posted a 54.6 Corsi For Percentage and 2.3 Relative Corsi For Percentage at Even Strength.
- Blues take home first Stanley Cup in franchise history June 13th, 2019
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury January 24th, 2018
- Martin Jones gets the nod in goal for the Sharks on Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Martin Jones starting in goal for the Sharks on Wednesday October 4th, 2017
- Martin Jones manning the crease for San Jose in Game 5 April 20th, 2017
- Martin Jones will defend the post for San Jose on Thursday April 6th, 2017