Predators won't announce Game 3 starter
Nashville Predators coach Peter Laviolette declined to confirm who the starter will be for Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals versus the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The goalies have already been informed of the decision, but Laviolette is staying mum for now. Pekka Rinne was nothing short of spectacular through the first three rounds of the playoffs, but he's fallen off in Games 1 and 2 of the Finals, allowing four goals in each game while making just 28 total saves. 22-year-old Juuse Saros, who has played in only 23 regular season games during his NHL career, is Nashville's alternative option in net.
Rinne is 12-6 this postseason while recording a .929 save percentage (SV%) and 1.98 goals-against average (GAA) with a pair of shutouts. Saros went 10-8-3 in the regular season with a .923 SV%, 2.35 GAA and one shutout.
- Keith Kinkaid starting for Devils on Tuesday in place of Cory Schneider (illness) January 16th, 2018
- Cory Schneider (illness) won't be in net for Devils on Tuesday January 16th, 2018
- Ducks' Ryan Kesler (hip) to make season debut Wednesday night December 27th, 2017
- Ducks' Corey Perry is week-to-week with lower-body injury December 12th, 2017
- Matt Murray (lower-body) considered week-to-week for Penguins November 28th, 2017
- Toronto's Auston Matthews (upper body) won't play Thursday night November 16th, 2017
- Predators' Roman Josi (lower body) set to miss second straight game Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Predators rolling with Pekka Rinne in goal for season opener October 5th, 2017
- Frederick Gaudreau's goal in Game 4 makes history as Predators tie series June 6th, 2017
- Filip Forsberg scores as Predators tie Stanley Cup Finals 2-2 June 6th, 2017
- Roman Josi picks up three points as Predators take Game 3 June 4th, 2017
- Predators won't announce Game 3 starter June 2nd, 2017