Predators won't announce Game 3 starter
Nashville Predators coach Peter Laviolette declined to confirm who the starter will be for Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals versus the Pittsburgh Penguins.
The goalies have already been informed of the decision, but Laviolette is staying mum for now. Pekka Rinne was nothing short of spectacular through the first three rounds of the playoffs, but he's fallen off in Games 1 and 2 of the Finals, allowing four goals in each game while making just 28 total saves. 22-year-old Juuse Saros, who has played in only 23 regular season games during his NHL career, is Nashville's alternative option in net.
Rinne is 12-6 this postseason while recording a .929 save percentage (SV%) and 1.98 goals-against average (GAA) with a pair of shutouts. Saros went 10-8-3 in the regular season with a .923 SV%, 2.35 GAA and one shutout.
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Vegas' Marc-Andre Fleury earns 72nd career playoff win, moves to eighth all-time May 17th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury makes 28 saves as Golden Knights shut out Sharks, advance to Western Conference Finals May 7th, 2018
- Taylor Hall scores 1 goal, 2 assists as Devils defeat Lightning in Game 3 April 17th, 2018
- Predators' Roman Josi (lower body) set to miss second straight game Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Predators rolling with Pekka Rinne in goal for season opener October 5th, 2017
- Frederick Gaudreau's goal in Game 4 makes history as Predators tie series June 6th, 2017
- Filip Forsberg scores as Predators tie Stanley Cup Finals 2-2 June 6th, 2017
- Roman Josi picks up three points as Predators take Game 3 June 4th, 2017
- Predators won't announce Game 3 starter June 2nd, 2017