Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury
According to The Athletic's Kevin Kurz, San Jose Sharks center Joe Thornton will out indefinitely after suffering an injury to his MCL on Tuesday night.
General manager Doug Wilson said that the team is awaiting MRI results but that they expected the 38-year-old to be out "several weeks." Thornton had undergone surgery this summer for a torn ACL and MCL in his left knee.
Through 47 games, Thornton has produced 13 goals and 36 points while averaging 10.7 FanDuel points in 18.3 minutes of ice time.
- Nikita Kucherov signs 8-year extension with Lightning July 10th, 2018
- Kings, Drew Doughty agree to eight-year extension June 30th, 2018
- John Carlson, Capitals agree to 8-year extension June 25th, 2018
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Vegas' Marc-Andre Fleury earns 72nd career playoff win, moves to eighth all-time May 17th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury January 24th, 2018
- Martin Jones gets the nod in goal for the Sharks on Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Martin Jones starting in goal for the Sharks on Wednesday October 4th, 2017
- Martin Jones manning the crease for San Jose in Game 5 April 20th, 2017
- Martin Jones will defend the post for San Jose on Thursday April 6th, 2017