Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal
The San Jose Sharks have signed winger Evander Kane to a seven-year extension worth $49 million.
Kane will make $7 million a year under the deal, which includes a very limited no-trade clause. If the team wants to deal the 26-year-old they'll only have three teams to choose from. The no-trade goes throughout the contract, so this is a high-risk, high-reward move. The team will hope that Kane hits his stride in his prime, after performing well since landing in San Jose at the trade deadline.
Across his time with the Sharks and Buffalo Sabres, Kane produced 29 goals, 25 assists and 54 points with 307 shots in 1,527 minutes.
- T.J. Oshie scores a pair as Capitals force Game 7 in Eastern Conference Final May 22nd, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury leads Vegas to a berth in the Stanley Cup Finals May 20th, 2018
- Vegas' Marc-Andre Fleury earns 72nd career playoff win, moves to eighth all-time May 17th, 2018
- Marc-Andre Fleury makes 28 saves as Golden Knights shut out Sharks, advance to Western Conference Finals May 7th, 2018
- Taylor Hall scores 1 goal, 2 assists as Devils defeat Lightning in Game 3 April 17th, 2018
- Lightning's Steven Stamkos (lower body) will play Thursday against New Jersey April 12th, 2018
- Sharks sign Evander Kane to massive seven-year deal May 24th, 2018
- Sharks' Joe Thornton (knee) out indefinitely with MCL injury January 24th, 2018
- Martin Jones gets the nod in goal for the Sharks on Thursday October 12th, 2017
- Martin Jones starting in goal for the Sharks on Wednesday October 4th, 2017
- Martin Jones manning the crease for San Jose in Game 5 April 20th, 2017
- Martin Jones will defend the post for San Jose on Thursday April 6th, 2017