Pirates showing interest in Justin Masterson
The Pittsburgh Pirates are interested in starting pitcher Justin Masterson, Travis Sawchik of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reports.
Masterson is looking for a one-year deal in hopes of rebuilding his value, and there's wouldn't be a better landing spot than Pittsburgh, where he could work with pitching guru Ray Searage. Slated to turn 31-years-old in March, Masterson had arthroscopic right shoulder surgery in September. He's expected to be healthy for spring training.
Masterson posted an ugly 5.61 ERA over 59 1/3 innings for the Boston Red Sox in 2015, as well as a 7.43 strikeout-per-nine rate and 4.10 walk-per-nine rate. His FIP of 4.89 at least indicates some positive regression.
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Mets-Marlins in Puerto Rico canceled by COVID-19 March 19th, 2020
- Diamondbacks-Padres April 18-19 Mexico City series canceled March 19th, 2020
- MLB expected to advise teams to end organized group workouts March 15th, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale has left flexor strain March 5th, 2020
- Red Sox' Xander Bogaerts (ankle) makes spring debut on Wednesday March 4th, 2020
- Boston to get another opinion on Chris Sale (elbow) March 4th, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale (sore elbow) undergoing MRI March 3rd, 2020
- Chris Sale (elbow, illness) starting season on Red Sox IL February 27th, 2020