Cubs' closer Pedro Strop dealing with hamstring strain
Chicago Cubs relief pitcher Pedro Strop is dealing with a 'mild' hamstring strain but is still expected to be ready for Opening Day.
Strop went for an MRI yesterday, but the team does not appear to be too concerned. Strop is expected to start the season as the team's closer with Brandon Morrow out of action until May.
Our models project Strop for a 2.96 ERA, 1.08 WHIP, and 64 strikeouts in 60 2/3 innings pitched in 2019.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Ben Zobrist starting for Cubs in final game of season September 29th, 2019
- Willson Contreras catching Sunday afternoon for Cubs September 29th, 2019
- David Bote starting at third base for the Cubs on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Addison Russell returns to the Cubs' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Cubs' Jonathan Lucroy hitting in the fifth spot on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Willson Contreras out of the Cubs' Saturday lineup September 28th, 2019