White Sox land Todd Frazier from Reds in three-team trade
The Chicago White Sox acquired third baseman Todd Frazier in a three-team trade with the Cincinnati Reds and Los Angeles Dodgers.
It was unclear which direction Chicago would choose to go after a disappointing 2015 season, but now it's obvious they are not looking to rebuild in 2016. The White Sox gave up right-hander Francelis Montas, outfielder Trayce Thompson and infielder Micah Johnson, who went to the Dodgers in the trade. Frazier is owed a reasonable $7.5 million in 2016 and will be arbitration-eligible in 2017.
Frazier posted a 1.23 nERD this season, which ranked 58th. He had a monster first half, belting 25 home runs, before cooling off during second half. He hit another 10 home runs to finish the season with 35 and posted an Isolated Power of .242, both of which were career highs. Chicago's home stadium was the eighth friendliest for home runs, according to ESPN's Park Factors, which plays into Frazier's strengths.
- Tomas Nido in Mets' Sunday lineup July 25th, 2021
- Ha-Seong Kim sitting for San Diego Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Miguel Rojas not in Marlins' Sunday lineup July 25th, 2021
- Reese McGuire sitting for Toronto Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Michael Conforto starting for Mets Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Blue Jays' Alejandro Kirk starting Sunday July 25th, 2021
- Michael Perez in lineup on Saturday for Pirates July 24th, 2021
- Jacob Stallings sitting on Saturday for Pirates July 24th, 2021
- Ben Gamel in Pirates' Friday lineup July 23rd, 2021
- Jared Oliva not in Pirates' Friday lineup July 23rd, 2021
- Jacob Stallings starting in Pirates' Wednesday matinee July 21st, 2021
- Ben Gamel on Pirates' bench Wednesday July 21st, 2021