Toronto's Lourdes Gurriel (quad) going on injured list
Toronto Blue Jays infielder Lourdes Gurriel has been diagnosed with a Grade 1 left quad strain and will be placed on the injured list prior to Saturday's game.
The Jays initially though Gurriel was dealing with a cramp but the MRI showed a more severe injury. He is likely to miss at least a couple of weeks. Brock Stewart is expected to be promoted in a corresponding move Saturday.
Gurriel is batting .279 with 19 homers, 50 runs, and 47 RBI over 321 plate appearances this season.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Vladimir Guerrero Jr. (knee) out again for Blue Jays in season finale September 29th, 2019
- Breyvic Valera starting on Sunday for Blue Jays September 29th, 2019
- Brandon Drury sitting on Sunday for Blue Jays September 29th, 2019
- Reese McGuire heads to Blue Jays' bench on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Billy McKinney absent from Blue Jays' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Derek Fisher heads to Blue Jays' bench on Saturday afternoon September 28th, 2019