Domingo Santana (elbow) placed on Mariners' IL
The Seattle Mariners placed outfielder Domingo Santana on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to August 19, with right elbow inflammation.
Santana played on Sunday after sitting out the previous three games, but he can't shake the injury. The 27-year-old outfielder had been working exclusively as a designated hitter since leaving a game early on July 23 with right elbow soreness. The Mariners recalled outfielder Jake Fraley from Triple-A Tacoma in a corresponding roster move.
Santana is slashing .256/.332/.449 with 21 home runs, 69 RBI, 8 steals, and 63 scores in 496 plate appearances (115 games) for the Mariners this season.
- Nationals' Michael Taylor not starting in Game 3 Monday October 14th, 2019
- Matt Carpenter not starting Monday's Game 3 for the Cardinals October 14th, 2019
- Victor Robles back in the Nationals' lineup Monday for NLCS Game 3 October 14th, 2019
- Jose Martinez starting for St. Louis in NLCS Game 3 Monday October 14th, 2019
- Yankees' Cameron Maybin starting in left field on Sunday October 13th, 2019
- Giancarlo Stanton out of the Yankees' ALCS Game 2 lineup October 13th, 2019
- Dan Vogelbach returns to Seattle's lineup on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Seattle's Omar Narvaez catching on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Mariners' Dee Gordon starting at second base on Sunday September 29th, 2019
- Mariners' Mallex Smith in center field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Seattle's Tim Lopes starting in left field on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Domingo Santana returns to the Mariners' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019