Javier Baez scratched for Cubs Thursday with sore thumb, Addison Russell added to lineup
Chicago Cubs shortstop Javier Baez has been scratched from Thursday's lineup against the Milwaukee Brewers due to a sore thumb.
Baez also missed the past two games with the issue. Addison Russell is now at shortstop and hitting seventh. Willson Contreras is batting fifth.
Baez is batting .281/.316/.532 with 29 homers, 38 doubles, 85 RBI, 11 steals, and 88 scores in 560 plate appearances (133 games) this season.
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (shoulder) 'dealing with crankiness and soreness' February 18th, 2020
- Cardinals' Miles Mikolas (forearm) shut down 3-4 weeks February 18th, 2020
- Brewers reportedly agree to deal with Brock Holt on Monday February 17th, 2020
- Houston's Francis Martes suspended 162 games for second drug policy violation February 17th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Avisail Garcia and Ryan Braun to 'share time in right' February 17th, 2020
- Mets' Jed Lowrie (leg) fully practices on Monday February 17th, 2020
- Ben Zobrist starting for Cubs in final game of season September 29th, 2019
- Willson Contreras catching Sunday afternoon for Cubs September 29th, 2019
- David Bote starting at third base for the Cubs on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Addison Russell returns to the Cubs' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Cubs' Jonathan Lucroy hitting in the fifth spot on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Willson Contreras out of the Cubs' Saturday lineup September 28th, 2019