Cubs' Javier Baez (thumb) diagnosed with a left hairline fracture
Chicago Cubs infielder Javier Baez (thumb) will visit a hand specialist on Monday.
Baez is likely to miss a significant amount of time after an MRI this morning unfortunately revealed a hairline fracture. Look for an official recovery timeline after a second opinion is given on Monday.
If Baez were to be miss the rest of the season, expect Addison Russell to start at shortstop regularly. In 199 at-bats this season, Russell is hitting .226 with 8 home runs and 22 RBI.
- Braves' Mike Soroka (groin) making debut Friday February 27th, 2020
- Yankees' James Paxton (back) could throw next week February 27th, 2020
- Chris Sale (elbow, illness) starting season on Red Sox IL February 27th, 2020
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton (calf) could miss start of season February 26th, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) scratched Thursday February 26th, 2020
- Paul Goldschmidt (elbow) on first Wednesday for Cardinals February 26th, 2020
- Ross: Cubs 'committed' to Kris Bryant as leadoff hitter in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Ben Zobrist starting for Cubs in final game of season September 29th, 2019
- Willson Contreras catching Sunday afternoon for Cubs September 29th, 2019
- David Bote starting at third base for the Cubs on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Addison Russell returns to the Cubs' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Cubs' Jonathan Lucroy hitting in the fifth spot on Saturday September 28th, 2019