Angels' Mike Trout to undergo season-ending foot surgery
Los Angeles Angels center fielder Mike Trout will undergo season-ending surgery on his right foot later this week.
Trout was hoping to play through the injury to close out the season, but that won't be the case. Despite missing most of September, the 28-year-old will still likely take home his third career American League MVP Award.
Trout hit .291/.438/.645 with 45 homers, 104 RBI, 11 steals, and 110 scores in 600 plate appearances (134 games) this season.
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Angles' Joc Pederson had five at-bats in minor league game March 8th, 2020
- Angels' Griffin Canning (elbow) diagnosed with UCL damage February 28th, 2020
- Angels' David Fletcher 'could grab some games in the outfield' February 16th, 2020
- Dodgers will not trade Joc Pederson to the Angels February 11th, 2020
- Dodgers receive Luis Rengifo in two-player deal with Angels February 4th, 2020
- Angels reportedly acquire Joc Pederson in trade with Dodgers February 4th, 2020