Cubs' Anthony Rizzo sidelined with right ankle sprain
Chicago Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo has been diagnosed with a moderate level right ankle sprain.
Rizzo will wear a boot for 5-7 days and then be re-evaluated. It would be surprising to see him back before the end of the regular season. Victor Caratini is on first base Monday for the Cubs.
Rizzo has hit .289/.404/.516 with 26 homers, 93 RBI, 5 steals, and 88 scores in 592 plate appearances (140 games) this season.
- Asdrubal Cabrera in Washington's Game 1 lineup on Tuesday October 22nd, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki starting for Washington in Game 1 October 22nd, 2019
- Yan Gomes sitting for Washington in Game 1 of World Series October 22nd, 2019
- Edwin Encarnacion returns to the Yankees' lineup on Saturday October 19th, 2019
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton sitting on Saturday October 19th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston on Saturday October 19th, 2019
- Ben Zobrist starting for Cubs in final game of season September 29th, 2019
- Willson Contreras catching Sunday afternoon for Cubs September 29th, 2019
- David Bote starting at third base for the Cubs on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Addison Russell returns to the Cubs' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Cubs' Jonathan Lucroy hitting in the fifth spot on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Willson Contreras out of the Cubs' Saturday lineup September 28th, 2019