Ketel Marte (back) undergoing MRI, out Wednesday for Diamondbacks
Arizona Diamondbacks infielder/center fielder Ketel Marte will undergo a "precautionary MRI" on his back Wednesday, manager Torey Lovullo announced.
Marte was removed from Tuesday night's game against the Miami Marlins in the fifth inning due to back stiffness, so the Diamondbacks want to make sure it's not anything to be concerned about. He will not be in Wednesday's starting lineup either way.
Marte is hitting .329/.389/.592 with 32 home runs, 92 RBI, 10 stolen bases, and 97 runs scored in 628 plate appearances (144 games) this season.
- Braves' Mike Soroka (groin) making debut Friday February 27th, 2020
- Yankees' James Paxton (back) could throw next week February 27th, 2020
- Chris Sale (elbow, illness) starting season on Red Sox IL February 27th, 2020
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton (calf) could miss start of season February 26th, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) scratched Thursday February 26th, 2020
- Paul Goldschmidt (elbow) on first Wednesday for Cardinals February 26th, 2020
- Caleb Joseph catching for Diamondbacks Sunday afternoon September 29th, 2019
- Adam Jones on Diamondbacks' bench in Sunday's finale September 29th, 2019
- Wilmer Flores starting Sunday as Diamondbacks close year September 29th, 2019
- Arizona's Alex Avila starting behind the plate on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Diamondbacks' Jake Lamb hitting in the fifth spot on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Arizona's Jarrod Dyson leading off on Saturday September 28th, 2019