Diamondbacks' Ketel Marte (back) out for the rest of the season
Arizona Diamondbacks shortstop Ketel Marte will be shut down for the rest of the season due to a stress reaction in his lower back.
Marte will not need surgery and Diamondbacks' GM Mike Hazen expects Marte to be completely recovered by spring training.
Marte will end the season with a batting average of .329 with 32 homers, 92 RBI, and 97 runs scored.
- Seattle's Mitch Haniger (back) out at least another month February 20th, 2020
- Toronto's Vladimir Guerrero Jr. likely to bat cleanup in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Ross: Cubs 'committed' to Kris Bryant as leadoff hitter in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (shoulder) 'dealing with crankiness and soreness' February 18th, 2020
- Cardinals' Miles Mikolas (forearm) shut down 3-4 weeks February 18th, 2020
- Brewers reportedly agree to deal with Brock Holt on Monday February 17th, 2020
- Caleb Joseph catching for Diamondbacks Sunday afternoon September 29th, 2019
- Adam Jones on Diamondbacks' bench in Sunday's finale September 29th, 2019
- Wilmer Flores starting Sunday as Diamondbacks close year September 29th, 2019
- Arizona's Alex Avila starting behind the plate on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Diamondbacks' Jake Lamb hitting in the fifth spot on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Arizona's Jarrod Dyson leading off on Saturday September 28th, 2019