Cubs' Nico Hoerner on bench Thursday
Chicago Cubs shortstop Nico Hoerner is not starting in Thursday's series finale versus right-hander Joe Musgrove and the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Addison Russell is replacing Hoerner at shortstop and hitting seventh. Hoerner has gone 18-for-61 (.295) with 3 homers and 14 RBI through his first 15 games in the bigs.
The Cubs have an implied total of 4.68 runs on Thursday in a game with an over/under of 9.0 runs.
- Brewers reportedly agree to deal with Brock Holt on Monday February 17th, 2020
- Houston's Francis Martes suspended 162 games for second drug policy violation February 17th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Avisail Garcia and Ryan Braun to 'share time in right' February 17th, 2020
- Mets' Jed Lowrie (leg) fully practices on Monday February 17th, 2020
- Marlins' Jonathan Villar expected to start in center field February 17th, 2020
- Angels' David Fletcher 'could grab some games in the outfield' February 16th, 2020
- Ben Zobrist starting for Cubs in final game of season September 29th, 2019
- Willson Contreras catching Sunday afternoon for Cubs September 29th, 2019
- David Bote starting at third base for the Cubs on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Addison Russell returns to the Cubs' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Cubs' Jonathan Lucroy hitting in the fifth spot on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Willson Contreras out of the Cubs' Saturday lineup September 28th, 2019