Nick Castellanos (groin) scratched Friday, Albert Almora enters
Chicago Cubs outfielder Nick Castellanos has been scratched from Friday's game against the Atlanta Braves.
Castellanos is dealing with a groin injury, and he's been removed from the lineup after originally being listed as a starter. Albert Almora will enter the lineup with Castellanos out, and he will bat eighth in the order while batting eighth.
In 664 plate appearances this season, Castellanos has a .289 batting average and an .863 OPS. Our models project Almora for 6.9 FanDuel points across 4.05 plate appearances.
- Yankees' Giancarlo Stanton (calf) could miss start of season February 26th, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) scratched Thursday February 26th, 2020
- Paul Goldschmidt (elbow) on first Wednesday for Cardinals February 26th, 2020
- Braves' Julio Teheran (hamstring) to debut by Monday February 26th, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale (elbow, illness) throws BP session February 26th, 2020
- Royals' Salvador Perez (elbow) to play catcher Thursday February 26th, 2020
- Ross: Cubs 'committed' to Kris Bryant as leadoff hitter in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Ben Zobrist starting for Cubs in final game of season September 29th, 2019
- Willson Contreras catching Sunday afternoon for Cubs September 29th, 2019
- David Bote starting at third base for the Cubs on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Addison Russell returns to the Cubs' lineup on Saturday September 28th, 2019
- Cubs' Jonathan Lucroy hitting in the fifth spot on Saturday September 28th, 2019