Giancarlo Stanton (quad) sitting again for Yankees in ALCS Game 3
New York Yankees outfielder Giancarlo Stanton (quad) is not starting in Game 3 of the American League Championship Series against right-hander Gerrit Cole and the Houston Astros on Tuesday afternoon.
Stanton also sat out Game 2 with a right quadriceps strain, but manager Aaron Boone says the slugger is available off the bench Tuesday. Brett Gardner, Aaron Hicks, and Aaron Judge are in the outfield for the Yankees as the series shifts to New York.
The Yankees are home underdogs with an implied total of 3.42 runs in Game 3.
- Houston's George Springer (wrist) exits Thursday's game in seventh inning August 6th, 2020
- Rays place Yonny Chirinos (triceps) on 10-day injured list August 6th, 2020
- Omar Narvaez starting behind the plate for Milwaukee on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Brewers' Ryon Healy receives a breather on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- White Sox's Zack Collins starting Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Milwaukee's Justin Smoak batting sixth on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- Brett Gardner batting sixth for Yankees on Thursday August 6th, 2020
- D.J. LeMahieu sitting Thursday for Yankees August 6th, 2020
- Aaron Judge absent from Yankees' finale versus Phillies August 6th, 2020
- Yankees option Miguel Andujar August 6th, 2020
- Giancarlo Stanton starting Yankees' second game Wednesday August 5th, 2020
- Yankees' Aroldis Chapman (COVID-19) still a ways from returning August 5th, 2020