Jose Altuve in Astros' two-hole for ALCS Game 3 Tuesday afternoon
Houston Astros second baseman Jose Altuve is starting Game 3 of the American League Championship Series against right-hander Luis Severino and the New York Yankees on Tuesday afternoon.
The Astros apparently want to avoid having three right-handed hitters in a row, so Altuve is trading places in the lineup with Michael Brantley after batting third the past four games. Yuli Gurriel and Yordan Alvarez have also flip-flopped, with the former now hitting fifth and the latter sixth. Altuve is hitting .370/.414/.778 with 3 homers, 5 RBI, and 4 runs scored through 29 plate appearances this postseason.
numberFire's models project Altuve for 13.3 FanDuel points in Game 3, at a cost of $4,200. The Astros are road favorites with an implied total of 4.08 runs.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer (neck) scratched, Joe Ross to start in Game 5 October 27th, 2019
- Nationals' Howie Kendrick returns to the lineup for Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals' Yan Gomes catching World Series Game 4 on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston in World Series Game 5 on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Yordan Alvarez starting in left field for Houston in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Jake Marisnick starting in center for Houston in Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019