Jose Altuve homers, scores a pair as Astros take ALCS Game 3
Houston Astros second baseman Jose Altuve went 2-for-5 with a solo homer, steal, and 2 runs scored Tuesday in a 4-1 win over the New York Yankees in Game 3 of the American League Championship Series.
Altuve sent one deep in the top of the first inning, giving him 12 homers for his career in the postseason. He then singled in the seventh and made it home on a wild pitch. The Astros will look to take a commanding 3-1 series lead in Game 4 Wednesday night in New York.
The star second baseman is batting .417/.462/.667 with 4 home runs, 6 RBI, and 6 runs scored in 34 plate appearances this postseason.
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer (neck) scratched, Joe Ross to start in Game 5 October 27th, 2019
- Nationals' Howie Kendrick returns to the lineup for Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals' Yan Gomes catching World Series Game 4 on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston in World Series Game 5 on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Yordan Alvarez starting in left field for Houston in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Jake Marisnick starting in center for Houston in Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019