Nationals complete sweep of Cardinals, Howie Kendrick named 2019 NLCS MVP
Washington Nationals infielder Howie Kendrick was named Most Valuable Player of the National League Championship Series.
Kendrick drew a walk and scored a run Tuesday night in a 7-4 victory as the Nationals completed a four-game sweep of the St. Louis Cardinals. That came on the heels of hitting 3 doubles and 3 RBI in Game 3. He also went 2-for-4 with a double and a walk in Game 1. The 36-year-old veteran and his Nationals teammates will face either the Houston Astros or the New York Yankees in the club's first-ever World Series appearance.
Kendrick is slashing .289/.341/.474 with a dinger, 4 doubles, 9 RBI, and 6 runs scored in 41 plate appearances this postseason.
- Robinson Chirinos starting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado sitting for Houston in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Josh Reddick in Astros' Game 6 lineup October 29th, 2019
- Martin Maldonado catching for Houston in World Series Game 5 on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Yordan Alvarez starting in left field for Houston in Game 5 of the World Series on Sunday October 27th, 2019
- Jake Marisnick starting in center for Houston in Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals defeat Astros in Game 7, Stephen Strasburg named World Series MVP October 31st, 2019
- Kurt Suzuki (hip) scratched from Nationals' Game 7 lineup, Yan Gomes now catching Max Scherzer October 30th, 2019
- Asdrubal Cabrera starting for Nationals in Game 6 October 29th, 2019
- Washington's Max Scherzer (neck) scratched, Joe Ross to start in Game 5 October 27th, 2019
- Nationals' Howie Kendrick returns to the lineup for Game 4 of the World Series on Saturday October 26th, 2019
- Nationals' Yan Gomes catching World Series Game 4 on Saturday October 26th, 2019