Cardinals' Miles Mikolas (forearm) day-to-day after 'minor setback'
St. Louis Cardinals starting pitcher Miles Mikolas (forearm) is day-to-day after experiencing flexor tendon soreness.
According to manager Mike Shildt, Mikolas' recent MRI revealed his injury was "tendon-based" and "not ligament-related". "Nothing is showing in the imaging that it’s worsened," said Shildt. "It just hasn’t healed to the way we would like it to heal where it’s going away.”
Expect an update during spring training after Mikolas rests his arm. The veteran right-hander should be a key part of the Cardinals' rotation after producing two solid seasons.
- Pirates' Ka'ai Tom sitting versus Nationals June 15th, 2021
- Adam Frazier absent from Pirates' lineup Tuesday June 15th, 2021
- Kevin Newman leading off for Pirates Tuesday June 15th, 2021
- Josh Reddick sitting for Arizona Monday June 14th, 2021
- Tim Locastro starting for Arizona Monday June 14th, 2021
- Twins starting Alex Kirilloff in right field on Monday night June 14th, 2021
- Matt Carpenter sitting for Cardinals Monday June 14th, 2021
- Edmundo Sosa batting eighth for St. Louis Monday June 14th, 2021
- Cadrinals' Edmundo Sosa sitting Friday June 11th, 2021
- Paul DeJong (rib) on shortstop for Cardinals Friday afternoon June 11th, 2021
- Yadier Molina (knee) back in Cardinals' lineup Wednesday June 9th, 2021
- Matt Carpenter hitting sixth for Cardinals on Tuesday night June 8th, 2021