Boston's Chris Sale (illness) not participating in spring training drills
Boston Red Sox starting pitcher Chris Sale (illness) is limited to cardio and work with trainers after coming down with pneumonia in the off-season.
According to interim manager Ron Roenicke, Sale will be treated with caution after dealing with a sickness. "He still doesn’t have full strength back,” said Roenicke. “It would be silly for us to try to push him to come back sooner than probably he should physically. It’s just a matter of getting him strong again.”
Expect Sale to potentially miss the start of the regular season if the Red Sox feel their star pitcher is not 100% ready.
- Yankees' Luke Voit (oblique) begins rehab assignment June 14th, 2021
- Mets' Jacob deGrom (forearm) expected to make next start June 14th, 2021
- Cubs' Javier Baez (thumb) scratched on Sunday, Eric Sogard to start against Cardinals June 13th, 2021
- Eric Sogard batting seventh for Chicago on Sunday June 13th, 2021
- Patrick Wisdom batting sixth for Cubs on Sunday June 13th, 2021
- Jason Heyward not in Cubs' lineup on Sunday June 13th, 2021
- Danny Santana operating first base for Boston on Sunday June 13th, 2021
- Red Sox starting Kevin Plawecki at catcher on Sunday June 13th, 2021
- Red Sox's Rafael Devers resting on Sunday afternoon June 13th, 2021
- Boston's Xander Bogaerts (knee) batting cleanup on Sunday June 13th, 2021
- Christian Vazquez out of Red Sox's Sunday lineup against Toronto June 13th, 2021
- Boston's Xander Bogaerts scratched on Friday, Marwin Gonzalez to start against Toronto June 11th, 2021