Ross: Cubs 'committed' to Kris Bryant as leadoff hitter in 2020
Chicago Cubs third baseman / outfield Kris Bryant will bat in the leadoff spot in 2020.
According to manager David Ross, the Cubs are "committed" to Bryant being their leadoff man in 2020. A move up Chicago's batting order should boost Bryant's production after rebounding with a strong season in 2019.
In 543 at-bats last season, Bryant produced a .282 average with 31 home runs and 77 RBI.
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to be back on mound 'soon' April 7th, 2020
- Philadelphia's Andrew McCutchen (knee) ready for 2020 season April 4th, 2020
- Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) on schedule, doing well March 31st, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Mets' Noah Syndergaard reportedly requires Tommy John for elbow injury March 24th, 2020
- Sam Tuivailala released by Mariners March 20th, 2020
- Cubs-Cardinals London Series officially canceled April 1st, 2020
- Cubs' Tyler Chatwood the front runner for fifth spot in rotation March 8th, 2020
- Ian Happ clears fence again for Cubs March 4th, 2020
- Ross: Cubs 'committed' to Kris Bryant as leadoff hitter in 2020 February 20th, 2020
- Ben Zobrist starting for Cubs in final game of season September 29th, 2019
- Willson Contreras catching Sunday afternoon for Cubs September 29th, 2019