Astros' Justin Verlander (groin) scratched Thursday
Houston Astros starting pitcher Justin Verlander has been scratched from his scheduled Grapefruit League start on Thursday due to groin discomfort.
Tigers manager Dusty Baker said Verlander will throw a simulated game on Thursday instead. The 2019 American League Cy Young Award should be fine for Opening Day.
Verlander recorded a 2.58 ERA and 0.80 WHIP with 300 strikeouts and 42 walks over 223 innings last season. He went 21-6 in 34 starts.
- Mets' Jacob deGrom (forearm) expected to make next start June 14th, 2021
- Cubs' Javier Baez (thumb) scratched on Sunday, Eric Sogard to start against Cardinals June 13th, 2021
- Eric Sogard batting seventh for Chicago on Sunday June 13th, 2021
- Patrick Wisdom batting sixth for Cubs on Sunday June 13th, 2021
- Jason Heyward not in Cubs' lineup on Sunday June 13th, 2021
- David Peralta out of Arizona's Sunday lineup June 13th, 2021
- Garrett Stubbs starting for Astros Sunday June 13th, 2021
- Carlos Correa in Astros' Sunday lineup June 13th, 2021
- Myles Straw starting on Sunday for Houston June 13th, 2021
- Martin Maldonado sitting on Sunday for Astros June 13th, 2021
- Chas McCormick sitting for Astros on Sunday June 13th, 2021
- Robel Garcia sitting for Houston on Sunday June 13th, 2021