Angels' Griffin Canning (elbow) diagnosed with UCL damage
Los Angeles Angels starting pitcher Griffin Canning has chronic changes to the UCL as well as acute joint irritation in his right elbow.
Canning will continue to be further evaluated over the next few days, but Tommy John surgery could be on the table. The 23-year-old right-hander apparently felt discomfort after making his Cactus League debut on Wednesday.
Canning posted a 4.58 ERA and 1.22 WHIP with 96 strikeouts and 30 walks over his first 90 1/3 major league innings in 2019.
- Pirates' Chris Archer (neck, shoulder) out until 2021 June 3rd, 2020
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Angels' Shohei Ohtani (elbow) to be back on mound 'soon' April 7th, 2020
- Angles' Joc Pederson had five at-bats in minor league game March 8th, 2020
- Angels' Griffin Canning (elbow) diagnosed with UCL damage February 28th, 2020
- Angels' David Fletcher 'could grab some games in the outfield' February 16th, 2020
- Dodgers will not trade Joc Pederson to the Angels February 11th, 2020
- Dodgers receive Luis Rengifo in two-player deal with Angels February 4th, 2020