Reds' Nick Senzel (shoulder) making spring debut Thursday
Cincinnati Reds outfielder Nick Senzel (shoulder) will make his Cactus League debut on Thursday.
Senzel will play designated hitter in his first game since having surgery last September to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder. He still has some progress to make, but the 24-year-old outfielder said he has "a good feeling that I should be ready to go for Opening Day." Senzel slashed .256/.315/.427 with 12 homers, 42 RBI, and 14 stolen bases in 104 games last year as a rookie.
numberFire's models project Senzel to bat .262 with 14 homers, 46 RBI, 55 runs scored, and 12 steals this season.
- Cubs starting Eric Sogard at second base on Thursday June 24th, 2021
- Rafael Ortega in center field for Cubs on Thursday June 24th, 2021
- Cubs' Jake Marisnick receives Thursday off June 24th, 2021
- Patrick Wisdom out of Cubs' Thursday lineup against Dodgers June 24th, 2021
- Anthony Rizzo batting cleanup for Cubs on Thursday night June 24th, 2021
- Ben Rortvedt in Twins' Thursday lineup June 24th, 2021
- Cincinnati's Shogo Akiyama sitting on Thursday June 24th, 2021
- Tyler Stephenson heads to Cincinnati's bench on Thursday June 24th, 2021
- Joey Votto batting cleanup for Reds on Thursday June 24th, 2021
- Reds' Joey Votto serving 1-game suspension Tuesday June 22nd, 2021
- Reds' Shogo Akiyama starting Tuesday afternoon June 22nd, 2021
- Tyler Naquin hitting fifth for Reds against Twins June 22nd, 2021