Reds' Nick Senzel (shoulder) making spring debut Thursday
Cincinnati Reds outfielder Nick Senzel (shoulder) will make his Cactus League debut on Thursday.
Senzel will play designated hitter in his first game since having surgery last September to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder. He still has some progress to make, but the 24-year-old outfielder said he has "a good feeling that I should be ready to go for Opening Day." Senzel slashed .256/.315/.427 with 12 homers, 42 RBI, and 14 stolen bases in 104 games last year as a rookie.
numberFire's models project Senzel to bat .262 with 14 homers, 46 RBI, 55 runs scored, and 12 steals this season.
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Reds' Shogo Akiyama to hit leadoff when in lineup in 2020 March 9th, 2020
- Reds' Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) to return as a DH Friday March 9th, 2020
- Reds' Nick Senzel (shoulder) making spring debut Thursday March 3rd, 2020
- Reds' Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) participates in Sunday's on-field activities February 16th, 2020
- Brian O'Grady starting for Cincinnati in finale with Pirates September 29th, 2019
- Tucker Barnhart on Reds' bench in Sunday's finale September 29th, 2019