Boston to get another opinion on Chris Sale (elbow)
Boston Red Sox starting pitcher Chris Sale will seek another opinion on his elbow injury, manager Ron Roenicke announced Wednesday morning.
Sale already saw Dr. James Andrews regarding his ailment, but it seems as though the team will search for a different diagnosis and/or prognosis from another source. Things are currently not looking good for the All-Star ace.
In an injury-shortened 2019, Sale had a 4.40 ERA with 218 strikeouts across 147.3 innings pitched.
- Rays expect 'zero limitations' for Blake Snell (elbow) during future spring training May 25th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Hicks progressing in his rehab from Tommy John surgery May 14th, 2020
- James Paxton (back) throwing simulated innings in preparation for Yankees' season May 14th, 2020
- Yankees' Aaron Judge (rib) wouldn't have been ready until "summertime" May 14th, 2020
- Rangers' Willie Calhoun (jaw) 'back up to 100 percent' May 2nd, 2020
- Heyman: 'Early July remains MLB's target' for 2020 regular season May 2nd, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale undergoes Tommy John March 30th, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale has left flexor strain March 5th, 2020
- Red Sox' Xander Bogaerts (ankle) makes spring debut on Wednesday March 4th, 2020
- Boston to get another opinion on Chris Sale (elbow) March 4th, 2020
- Red Sox's Chris Sale (sore elbow) undergoing MRI March 3rd, 2020
- Chris Sale (elbow, illness) starting season on Red Sox IL February 27th, 2020