Reds' Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) to return as a DH Friday
Cincinnati Reds third baseman Eugenio Suarez (shoulder) will appear in Friday's Cactus League game as a designated hitter, per Reds manager David Bell.
Suarez is already nearing a return after having surgery performed on his shoulder in January. The Reds will play it safe with their slugger, but his odds of playing in the Reds' season opener later this month are trending up.
numberFire projects Suarez to bat .262 in 2020, with a solid 36 home runs, 8 runs, 98 RBI and 3 stolen bases.
- Tommy Edman (torso) scratched from Cardinals' Tuesday lineup; Lane Thomas enters June 15th, 2021
- Kean Wong hitting sixth for Los Angeles on Tuesday June 15th, 2021
- Kurt Suzuki starting behind the plate for Angels on Tuesday June 15th, 2021
- Anthony Rendon (triceps) out of Angels' Tuesday lineup against Oakland June 15th, 2021
- Angels' Max Stassi resting on Tuesday night June 15th, 2021
- Nomar Mazara absent from Tigers' lineup Tuesday June 15th, 2021
- Reds' Aristides Aquino hitting second Tuesday June 15th, 2021
- Jesse Winker joining Reds' bench Tuesday June 15th, 2021
- Tyler Naquin sitting Monday for Reds June 14th, 2021
- Reds leave Tucker Barnhart off of Monday lineup June 14th, 2021
- Reds list Aristides Aquino as a starter for Monday June 14th, 2021
- Tyler Stephenson catching Monday for Reds June 14th, 2021